Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Anyone have a semi-auto rifle or shotgun approved lately?

Just got the SMS my SLR refused after 167 days 3 emails and untold phone calls, I am going to appeal

User

Ah man... Sorry to hear that, I know the feeling but sheesh, after 167 days? That's rough...

Sent from my BV8000Pro using Tapatalk

User

I'm currently on 121 working days...I've sent emails to Firearms@saps.gov.za as requested by the voice recording, and have yet to receive a response to that. This was resent again this morning and I'm not holding my breath regarding a response. I submitted 3 applications on the same day, the other 2 (Handguns) were approved within the norms. This however, is becoming a bit of a shit show. Did anyone who emailed the list of names on the previous page have any success?

User

Quote Originally Posted by UncleSteve View Post
    I'm currently on 121 working days...I've sent emails to Firearms@saps.gov.za as requested by the voice recording, and have yet to receive a response to that. This was resent again this morning and I'm not holding my breath regarding a response. I submitted 3 applications on the same day, the other 2 (Handguns) were approved within the norms. This however, is becoming a bit of a shit show. Did anyone who emailed the list of names on the previous page have any success?
    Further to the above I've sent an email to the first 5 names listed on the previous replies and have had some feedback from Sac Julies, who has sent it directly to Colonel Simelane (SimelaneS3@saps.gov.za) for review. In the email they did mention it has been "Preliminary refused"...

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Ruger 10/22 Approval SMS received today. Handed in mid February 2018. Second SLR. Already have AR in .223 My DSS status is up to date with SADPA.

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Further to the above I've sent an email to the first 5 names listed on the previous replies and have had some feedback from Sac Julies, who has sent it directly to Colonel Simelane (SimelaneS3@saps.gov.za) for review. In the email they did mention it has been "Preliminary refused"...
    OK ... so I sat down and had some coffee with a couple of gentlemen who know what they are talking about.

Preliminary Refused is a status which was not used until fairly recently. It is used (nowadays) for an app which is still in consideration, but for which there is missing paperwork. It 'should' say "Preliminary Refused. Correspondence"
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    OK ... so I sat down and had some coffee with a couple of gentlemen who know what they are talking about.

Preliminary Refused is a status which was not used until fairly recently. It is used (nowadays) for an app which is still in consideration, but for which there is missing paperwork. It 'should' say "Preliminary Refused. Correspondence"
    My AR was preliminary refused, a week or so later it was refused for lack of motivation, so this doesn’t seem to make sense... if there was documentation missing wouldn’t that have been the refusal reason?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post

Surely if there are documents missing, they can call and advise you, as was the case with my Sec 13 license 3 years ago where they had lost my fingerprints page. If there are documents missing, they have undeniably been lost at/by CFR. So for them to refuse the license on these grounds would be horseshit and a lawyers letter would follow.

I've since had a reply from the infamous Colonel directly, assuring me resolution by close of business tomorrow. At this point, I just want an answer, be it yes or no, so we can proceed.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

I handed an application in for a .357 Mag Revolver the same day as my application for the 10/22 now approved. My DFO then combined these applications into one document. The .357 Mag Revolver was "Preliminary APPROVED" since May, but the approval never came through as it was together with the SLR application that was in the process and taking longer because SLR's do take longer than other licenses. So now when the SLR application was finalised the revolver application was also at last moving from Preliminary approved to approved sms received at the same time as the sms for SLR.

From this I deduct "Prelimanary", whether approved or refused, is some sort of administrative prefix for CFR to better understand where a license application is in the process.

So I waited just as long for the revolver final approval as for the SLR, although the revolver was prelimanry approved many moons previously.

User

Not sure if I missed it, but I don't see an email address for Sac Julies.

I'm on 97 working days now, and haven't received any response to my previous email, but I will send another one now to include Colonel Simelane.

Page 34 of 76 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 ... LastLast