Thread: Kloofendal

User

Default Kloofendal

I will be starting a new job at a company in Roodepoort next month and am looking at places to move closer as Midrand is just too far for me. I have found a nice free standing place in Kloofendal at a good price considering the space available and I like the fact that it is not a cramped up place like most security complexes have to offer. The place in question is in Galena Ave in the area where Galena Ave is running in parallel with Topaz Ave.

So I would like to know if anyone can give me insights on crime in the Kloofendal area and what the general security is like with regards to armed response and the surrounding community as well. I am looking at places to rent so upgrading security might be a problem especially if it is perimeter security. The property I am looking at does have a wall but no electric fence from what I can see from the photos. I would like to install a safe and keep my firearms with me but if security is not lekker and there are a lot of break-ins then I would rather move on elsewhere. If there are recommendations on better areas (or places you have/know of that are available) to look at, please do advise on those as well as I do not know the Roodepoort area very well.

User

Default Re: Kloofendal

Hi Virgil, Kloofendal is a nice area, one of the better upmarket areas. People who live near the nature reserve borders have some issues but overall it's a good place. Security is always advisable so go for it.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

User

Nice Area, and the Kloofendal Nature reserve is a Hidden Gem in the area.

User

If you working in Midrand, try get closer to the highway at least. The 1 hour plus trip each way will make you insane

User

Which area in Roodepoort will you be working?

As a local I can definitely recommend Kloofendal however Constantia Kloof, Helderkruin, Roodekrans, Allens Nek, Weltevreden Park, Strubens Valley and Little Falls are all areas worth considering.

User

Quote Originally Posted by neilh View Post
    If you working in Midrand, try get closer to the highway at least. The 1 hour plus trip each way will make you insane
    Reading fail on my part. Helderkruin/Roodekraans is a good area

User

Quote Originally Posted by Sm00thSm0k3 View Post
    Which area in Roodepoort will you be working?

As a local I can definitely recommend Kloofendal however Constantia Kloof, Helderkruin, Roodekrans, Allens Nek, Weltevreden Park, Strubens Valley and Little Falls are all areas worth considering.
    The company is situated in the southern part of Florida.

Thanks for the feedback, I had a bit of a safety concern with the reserves bordering around the houses as a friend of mine bought a place outside Bloubergstrand and they are struggling with break-ins because the guys are able to flee so easily into the bordering rural areas. And given the crime rate around here compared to Cape Town I thought it might be a problem but from the feedback I am comfortable and happy with the place I found.

User

Crime in the westrand goes up and down, area to erea.
    Security companies are quite active, as well as neighbourhood watches.
    Feel free to contact me direct, I'll try and put you in contact with your local group.
    I myself am in Florida.

User

Any good removal companies you guys can recommend? I have received numerous quotes but all of them vary in prices, I can't seem to decide which is better. Prices differ from R8k to R3k down to R1k5 depending on the company and there are some mixed reviews on HelloPeter.