Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SAPS 350 woes

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: SAPS 350 woes

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    I mean if SAPS where to decide "hey, I want to confiscate that gun", where the hell do they go looking?
    Aw... that's cute! You actually believe that SAPS could trace a firearm using the EFMS? ROTFLMAO.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Aw... that's cute! You actually believe that SAPS could trace a firearm using the EFMS? ROTFLMAO.
    Haha Oom jy weet wat ek bedoel... :P

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I miss the days when Nortier still worked for CFR. Something was right back then, I got the idea there was a will amongst CFR staff to make things better.
    I remember those days. Just dropped him an email and BOOM, at least some sort of answer. I wonder if he's still with SAPS and if I can just ask him for advice...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Correct. What I mean with "not on dealer stock" is actually "not reflecting as it is at CFR".

This brings up another question - What's the legal implications of Gunshop A being in possession of firearms on Importer A's name? I mean if SAPS where to decide "hey, I want to confiscate that gun", where the hell do they go looking?
    Was this not pretty much what happened not so long ago to one of the WC gun shops?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    Was this not pretty much what happened not so long ago to one of the WC gun shops?
    It was a not-so-rhetorical rhetorical question, yes. I can just imagine what would happen if someone would check up on the guns in a shop and 90% of them isn't on the dealer's name.

I can understand the buyer's frustration but it is entirely a function of the SAPS, the dealers are simply caught in the middle.

I bought a firearm which took over 4 years to change hands. SAPS hadn't updated their 350 records at all, creating a mess. It was eventually sorted out after a high-level meeting between the dealer and the CFR. It took a week after that meeting.

It can be done, but its simply a complete and utter failure of admin on the SAPS side.

So go easy on the dealers, they are not the issue here. Never have been

User

Good news

The police's is plan is working out perfectly

Well done

User

For info for those interested in supporting the SAAADA's court case(s) against SAPS:

Hi everyone,
    Here is a link to the letter that SAAADA sent yesterday to the State Attorney in response to recent developments ahead of our court case on the SAP 350 Fiasco, Electronic Connectivity, Irrational License Refusals, and other matters. https://drive.google.com/open…
    The court date has been set for 4 August 2019, a little over a year after we initially filed papers.
    The problems we all have experienced when trying to deal with CFR are illuminated in the letter that shows the near impossibility of moving forward with the current CFR management to solve the real problems we face.
    While I hope that SAAADA’s response prompts higher powers intervene to improve the dialogue, I don't count on it. I fully expect to fight this battle in court for some time and this cost money. Please contribute to SAAADA to support this important fight. More than just dealer issues, this is a fight to preserve the supply of firearms and ammunition to you, the licensed firearms owner.

SAAADA has a bank account numbered 071274189 with Standard Bank, Mowbray Branch (branch code 024909). As reference, please use ‘350Fiasco’ and your name. No donation is too small!

Share this message widely.
    Jonathan
    Chairman: SAAADA
    https://www.facebook.com/saaadaza/?ref=br_rs

Account and NPO numbers can be verified in this post:

https://www.facebook.com/saaadaza/posts/423365195139526

User

Alright, so in the midst of all this I sent an absent-minded email to SA Hunters (where I'm a member) to ask them if they know of anything I can do. Yesterday afternoon a guy called me, from SA Hunters, offering his assistance. Apparently he knows who to email with the right authority and and and, so I'm sending off my 350's to him today to see if he can get something working. I also found more email addresses that I'll be tackling, so let's see how this plays out...

User

I've had some success following the SAADA procedures (about a month ago) and I don't know how many of these emails are still active or even read..

the outline is on FB for those with accounts
    essentially,
    email a request to ArmsControl1@saps.gov.za ( The dealer probably already did this, multiple times )
    after a few ( 3-4 ) days- no feedback - I forward the original request to the "saps350 task team" ( molefeleromo@saps.gov.za , mahlangul6@saps.gov.za )
    after a few days ( 3 -4 )- again no feedback - Forward it to their Commander ( MamothetiJ@saps.gov.za )

after a week - as expected- no feedback, I lodge a formal complaint to the "nodal complaints list" stating that I tried all the avenues available with no movement or communication.
    a week later I get a call from some internal department with all the details of the transfer and can to head to my local DFO and apply for the license ( yay Saiga 308 :D ).

1.Here are all the primary contact points you should send the complaints to:
    service@saps.gov.za
    complaints.invest@saps.org.za
    ComplaintsNodalPoint@saps.gov.za
    ikinnes@parliament.gov.za
    bmbengo@parliament.gov.za

also CC:Civilian Secretariat for the Police. Civilian Oversight Monitoring and Evaluation

Chief Director Mr Takalani Ramaru
    tel : 012 393 2138
    fax : 012 393 2557/36
    email : Takalani.ramaru@csp.gov.za

PA to Chief Director Ms BusiMazibuko
    tel : 012 393 2550
    fax : 012 393 2557/36
    email : Busi.mazibuko@csp.gov.za

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast