Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: SAPS 350 woes

User

Quote Originally Posted by CorditeCrazy View Post
    Good luck dude. I can feel your frustration.
    Thanx. I have a feeling that all things will start falling in its rightfull place.

User

Default Re: SAPS 350 woes

Quote Originally Posted by Cockroach View Post
    From Martin's group:

Dear Everybody Shortly I will post a brand new development in the saps350 saga courtesy of the Dealers Association. The general in charge of FLASH has set up a task team to deal with the processing of 350 submissions.
    She clearly states that all!!! submissions should go to the new addresses provided.This means that all other addresses are redundant. It is critical that only these addresses are used to test and ensure the integrity of data processing. If 350 submissions are sent to other addresses and are not processed then we cannot argue that the system works or not because dealers will be blamed for not doing as instructed.
    Pls ensure that all associations[ NB NHSA] and dealers know about the new adresses and only use those addresses.
    This is critically important to either fix up this mess or to demonstrate the failure of saps to fulfil their mandate.

And the follow up:

From: Mamotheti MJ - Major General [mailto:MamothetiJ@saps.gov.za]
    Sent: 05 February 2019 11:01 AM
    Subject: Automatic reply: COMPLAINT AGAINST CENTRAL FIREARM REGISTRY

KINDLY NOTE THAT A TASK TEAM HAS BEEN ESTABLISHED TO HANDLE ALL MATTERS RELATING TO DELALERS STOCK SAPS 350s. ALL SUBMISSIONS AND ENQUIRIES IN THIS REGARD MUST BE E-MAIL TO molefeleromo@saps.gov.za or mahlangul6@saps.gov.za

Regards

Major General MJ Mamotheti
    Does anyone know if the public can email these addresses and ask them what's up? I have the 350's for two rifles I bought (one for me, one for a friend) and I know for a fact that those rifles are not on dealer stock. A friend's father who also bought a rifle which's serial number is also on the one 350 got a "proof of ownership" or something from the gunshop to prove that he bought the gun and apparently his DFO accepted it and sent in the application, but it doesn't make sense to me and I don't see how he'll get the licence or how it'll solve the issue.

The 350's I have are dated 2018/08/03 for a total of 11 rifles. None of them are moved to dealer stock, so none of them can be licensed.

I asked my DFO - he said it's not the dealer's fault (which we all know), but I must tell them to call CFR on a daily basis to nag them and bug them to move the guns, because it's impacting their business.

User

OK so I called the gunshop. Could hear the guy's heart sink when I mentioned SAPS 350. They haven't had a new gun moved to their name in almost 11 months. They've been selling, but the people can't licence them. How the hell is this acceptable by any stretch of the imagination?

Welcome to gun control at its most arbitrary. 7 months still can't license.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

I sent an email to all the addresses in the above post I quoted. Let's see what reply I get, if any.

I bought 2 Sako Rilfes in November from Dealer. 1 was on Imprter name AOSPort. The other 1 on Dept 29.

Dealer sent emails. Nothing happened. In Early Febr. Got firect email address of someone at CFR. Cant recall correct email address as I changed Employers. I emailed the SAPS 350's of dealer to them. And asked about the 2 rifles. NExt morning a Hendrik from CFR emailed me. Email just read. Request Handled. I phoned my DFO and the 2 rifles was on dealer name. Phoned the dealer to inform him. He tested the others. Believe it or not. CFR only transferred my 2 and left the other on the 350. Amazing. Would think they would do all on 350.

Any case both was approved 3-4 weeks back. Just waiting for printers to get done with cards.

User

I guess there's no way for you to get that email address, is there? Or a possible place where you managed to find it?

EDIT: My biggest frustration is that the other rifle is a friend's. This is a friend who's done me a great solid not long ago, and I wanted to "repay his kindness" with this deal. He paid for the rifle and he's busy with his competency now. Once that's done, he won't be able to licence the rifle, and I want that sorted out for him.

User

Why are dealers stocking firearms that cannot be licensed by buyers? Sell guns that are ready to be licensed.

User
    GP, but in my mind, hunting for Ivory in the 1930's

Quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan87 View Post
    Why are dealers stocking firearms that cannot be licensed by buyers? Sell guns that are ready to be licensed.
    Because they are being hamstrung by the CFR and they are not the ones responsible for logging the 350’s putting the firearms in their name. That is the job of the CFR. This is like state refusing to register a car you bought from a dealer. Not the dealer fault. At. All

It’s frustrating for all of us involved. Many dealers are now advising buyers of this so at least we know and can plan. Some dealers are getting 350’s sorted within a few working days and other are struggling. Why would this be, the answer is The CFR and the fact that the state doesn’t want us armed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Ridwaan87 View Post
    Go read all the posts iro of this subject and stop making dealers out to be the villains.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast