Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: SAPS 350 woes

User

Default Re: SAPS 350 woes

It seems to me CFR is being obstructive on just about all functions in an effort to delay issuing licences until the new/amended act can be promulgated.

User

New FCA:

Section 1:
    (a) LOL you thought you were getting a gun, good one!

<THE END>

User

OK so my excitement with SA Hunter's involvement was short lived. They did the regular steps and more, but the firearms are still on the importer's stock. So I still can't licence it. Seems my dreams of still hunting with it this year aren't going to be realized after all. I am so disappointed it's not even funny. Can't do shit with the rifle and the paperwork now. Just sitting there.

User

Just a question... can we not apply for the firearm under the importers 350.

so if my understanding is correct the 350a will be the manufacturer/overseas and the 350b will be the importer/south africa

User

Quote Originally Posted by Imo_P07 View Post
    Just a question... can we not apply for the firearm under the importers 350.

so if my understanding is correct the 350a will be the manufacturer/overseas and the 350b will be the importer/south africa
    That's how it used to be, but CFR decided "no". So, without reason, as always, it's now just "no".

User

Alright, so someone got me a finger in a pie and both the rifles were sorted. Handing in the application tomorrow!

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Alright, so someone got me a finger in a pie and both the rifles were sorted. Handing in the application tomorrow!
    That's great! Hopefully my finger can also find itself a 350 pie.

Good luck with the rest of the application.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

I had an interesting experience today. I bought a rifle from Pretoria Arms (Dave Sheer Guns previously) in Montanna about 2/3 weeks ago. I specifically ask them if the rifle was registered under their dealer stock otherwise I'll rather buy a rifle somewhere else. I was assured the gun was on their dealer stock and they issued me with a SAP350.
    Today when I tried to hand in my application, the lady at the SAPS office checked her computer and told me the news I dreaded...the gun is still on the manufacturer's dealer stock. (Diplopoint)
    I was quite upset as I've asked the dealer several times if the gun was on their stock, so I got in the car and was at Pretoria Arms at 9:00 when the doors opened. The lady behind the counter was most helpfull and apparently she could sort it in no time ! Naturally I was very skeptical because NOTHING to do with CFR gets sorted quickly.
    Lo and behold...15 minutes later I walked out with the gun now registered on the GS dealer stock ! Went back to the SAPS station and even the lady checking the SAP350 couldn't believe her eyes ! She even asked me who did we contact because this can apparently only be done at "head office" and usually takes weeks...
    The helpful people at Pretoria Arms is linked to CFR and can do the changes in dealer stock right there on their own PC ! I know.. confused the hell out of me as well to see something working for a change, as it should do ! Thanx again for the staff at Pretoria Arms, GREAT service !

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoisOK View Post
    The helpful people at Pretoria Arms is linked to CFR and can do the changes in dealer stock right there on their own PC !

!
    That's the first one I've heard of since the court order to force CFR to allow dealers to do this! Glad to hear it is actually rolling out, long may it continue!

(Hope I'm not celebrating too early)

Great to hear some good news.

My Glock took 11 months to get dealer stocked.

Hopefully this system will be rolling out quickly because I've got an AR that's waiting now for 3 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast