Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13

Thread: SAPS 350 woes

User

Default Re: SAPS 350 woes

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoisOK View Post
    I had an interesting experience today. I bought a rifle from Pretoria Arms (Dave Sheer Guns previously) in Montanna about 2/3 weeks ago. I specifically ask them if the rifle was registered under their dealer stock otherwise I'll rather buy a rifle somewhere else. I was assured the gun was on their dealer stock and they issued me with a SAP350.
    Today when I tried to hand in my application, the lady at the SAPS office checked her computer and told me the news I dreaded...the gun is still on the manufacturer's dealer stock. (Diplopoint)
    I was quite upset as I've asked the dealer several times if the gun was on their stock, so I got in the car and was at Pretoria Arms at 9:00 when the doors opened. The lady behind the counter was most helpfull and apparently she could sort it in no time ! Naturally I was very skeptical because NOTHING to do with CFR gets sorted quickly.
    Lo and behold...15 minutes later I walked out with the gun now registered on the GS dealer stock ! Went back to the SAPS station and even the lady checking the SAP350 couldn't believe her eyes ! She even asked me who did we contact because this can apparently only be done at "head office" and usually takes weeks...
    The helpful people at Pretoria Arms is linked to CFR and can do the changes in dealer stock right there on their own PC ! I know.. confused the hell out of me as well to see something working for a change, as it should do ! Thanx again for the staff at Pretoria Arms, GREAT service !
    It's scary how amazed people are by this, as it's supposed to have been this way since the inception of the FCA. Dealers are supposed to be able to do this countrywide.

My LGS now also has access to CFR and they are loading their stock accordingly. Been like this for a couple of weeks I think.

User

The lady at Pretoria Arms that helped me said that the system only became operational within the last week or what. Also on a side note, the firm that did my SLR motivation, noticed that they had no appeals on their last batch of applications for semi auto rifles. Maybe , just maybe some one woke up...? Or maybe just me wishing for it, seeing that my app went in today !

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

I really hate to be the one who points out the turd in the swimming pool...

There is NO new electronic system.

What there is is a new method of authenticating dealers (at their own additional cost), so that they can submit email 350s (as we have all been doing for years already). This is NOT the electronic connectivity as contemplated in the Act, and has nothing to do with the SAAADA case.

This was a bluff on CFR's part to try to draw the court's attention away from the CFR's utter failure to comply with the Act.

That the bluff, and the recent attention of the courts is having an isolated positive effect is great, but this is NOT the advent of electronic connectivity.

Sorry.
    Last edited by Paul; 29-08-2019 at 15:47.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by FrancoisOK View Post
    I had an interesting experience today. I bought a rifle from Pretoria Arms (Dave Sheer Guns previously) in Montanna about 2/3 weeks ago. I specifically ask them if the rifle was registered under their dealer stock otherwise I'll rather buy a rifle somewhere else. I was assured the gun was on their dealer stock and they issued me with a SAP350.
    Today when I tried to hand in my application, the lady at the SAPS office checked her computer and told me the news I dreaded...the gun is still on the manufacturer's dealer stock. (Diplopoint)
    I was quite upset as I've asked the dealer several times if the gun was on their stock, so I got in the car and was at Pretoria Arms at 9:00 when the doors opened. The lady behind the counter was most helpfull and apparently she could sort it in no time ! Naturally I was very skeptical because NOTHING to do with CFR gets sorted quickly.
    Lo and behold...15 minutes later I walked out with the gun now registered on the GS dealer stock ! Went back to the SAPS station and even the lady checking the SAP350 couldn't believe her eyes ! She even asked me who did we contact because this can apparently only be done at "head office" and usually takes weeks...
    The helpful people at Pretoria Arms is linked to CFR and can do the changes in dealer stock right there on their own PC ! I know.. confused the hell out of me as well to see something working for a change, as it should do ! Thanx again for the staff at Pretoria Arms, GREAT service !
    I bought a p09 there Saturday, only to find out after I paid that it was not on dealer stock yet, the lady reassured me that there is a "new system" and it would be on dealer stock the following week. Monday they called me and it was on their dealer stock.

User

I bought two Remington 700's, a .308 & 300 win-mag from two different dealers last week and both are in the 'government department 29' on the CFR's system. FFS

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13