User

Talking New wingshooter in tableview

Hi all!

Recently relocated from the highveld to Tableview area. I am a avid wingshooter (Have not yet joined SA Wingshooters as the prices are a bit steep). I would like to know which club is the best to join or where to find out about hunting excursions (Dove, Waterfoul etc). I also have a young springer pup which I am training which I would like to take to the field so I would love to join a group and develop her skills.

Anyone who can point me in the right direction?

It would be much appreciated!!!!

User

Default Re: New wingshooter in tableview

Hi Jurie

Welcome!

There used to be things called "charity shoots" that were one way to get into the wingshooting crowd here in WC but they seem to have disappeared. Maybe somebody else has more info.

Nearest shooting club to you is Milnerton shooting association, who shoot out at Atlantis. Their shotgunning consists of a round of Compak sporting clays every second month. Next closest is Durbanville shooting club, who have permanent trap & skeet ranges & semi-permanent compak sporting and shoot trap & skeet most Saturdays. That might be a good place to meet other wingshooters & make contacts. Best equipped shotgunning club in the WC is Valley Gun Club who have everything you could want in clay pigeon shooting & lots of mambers but they are close to Paarl.

There have also been a few guys that have organised wingshooting as a business but not sure if they're still around. Am hesitant to mention names on a public forum but PM me your contact details & I'll tell you what I know.

User

Welcome!

User

Welcome

Kaapjag use to run events. Contact them speak to Matt Relihan.

Otherwise Durbanville shooting Range has Trap, Skeet and Sporting. Saturdays only

And Valley gun club also caters for trap, skeet and sporting. Theyre open everyday.

Welcome!