Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: NEW CFR BS - COPIES OF CURRENT FA LICENSES TO BE INCLUDED FOR NEW APPS?

[QUOTE=nevervolunteer;1255494 My view is too give them what they want / require, not much extra effort on my part and if it prevents a spurious refusal, it saves me a lot of frustration.[/QUOTE]

Well thanks for nothing. Setting a precedent for all of us. Not clever, nor required; the 271 requires you to list all your firearms, nothing more.

Peter

User

Default Re: NEW CFR BS - COPIES OF CURRENT FA LICENSES TO BE INCLUDED FOR NEW APPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    I do not send copies of my current licenses, I have even gone so far as to attach an Excel spreadsheet with my current licenses too since writing them out in the space that has been provided is a pain in the rear
    That's it. The info has been supplied and they can easily verify this on their database.

OOPS! It seems they have lost data from the CFR database again...

User

Right, so if you lose your card and apply for a reprint can you no longer apply for another firearm, or is a printout from THEIR system sufficient?

If the first person asked to do this had said no, it wouldn't be an issue now

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    Well thanks for nothing. Setting a precedent for all of us. Not clever, nor required; the 271 requires you to list all your firearms, nothing more.

Peter
    Not setting any precedents, this is a requirement from my DFO before they'll accept any applications. Why don't YOU challenge this via the legal route seeing as how you feel so strongly about it, let us know how this works out for you.

Quote Originally Posted by nevervolunteer View Post
    Not setting any precedents, this is a requirement from my DFO before they'll accept any applications. Why don't YOU challenge this via the legal route seeing as how you feel so strongly about it, let us know how this works out for you.
    The DFOs do not set the rules. I have never attached photos of any licence, new or renwal. It is clearly not an official SAPS/CFR requirement.

Peter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4