Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    User

Default Re: NEW CFR BS - COPIES OF CURRENT FA LICENSES TO BE INCLUDED FOR NEW APPS?

Well I have never been asked to do so by my DFO and have not ever been refused on such grounds.

I do appreciate using the path of least resistance, however, should we not be cautious against setting precedent lest it becomes seen as normal and therefore an added requirement in an already overly and unnecessarily complicated administrative process.

I handed in three apps last month and intend submittin two tomorrow, non of which will have copies of my existing licenses.

In any event, the DFO does run a printout if I am not mistaken and these set out the details of all of your licenses already...why cause the destructio nof more trees.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Default Re: NEW CFR BS - COPIES OF CURRENT FA LICENSES TO BE INCLUDED FOR NEW APPS?

My DFO has not requested this, nor have I been refused due to that.

Why cant the CFR adopt a similar platform to the new ID and Passport system like home affairs did?

Copies and copies of paperwork wtf?!

User

I include my licenses, but I’m worried that the front and back could be an issue. I only included copies of the front.

Last 2 FA applications I had to submit copies of my FA licenses (front + back).

User

Thanks for the replies, guys. RI CAR, in agreement - I have had eight licenses approved over the past three-odd years and copies of current licenses were never requested.

Naturally, the danger of pushing back too strongly against what the DFO has requested / instructed, is that he/she may choose to tick "Not recommended" under section I of the SAPS 271 - "Recommendation regarding the application" and add whatever motivation he/she chooses to add, placing the application on the back foot before normal the hurdles are even encountered...

That this, like all other, additional non-legislated aspect of the FCA is adhered to by the firearms community (in general terms) reminds me of Winston Churchill's quote "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last." The FCA and CFR are truly reprehensible.

User

Never been requested nor have I included copies of current licenses with new apps.

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

User

I have never done it, has never been asked for by my DFO and none of my apps have been denied so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost View Post
    Naturally, the danger of pushing back too strongly against what the DFO has requested / instructed, is that he/she may choose to tick "Not recommended" under section I of the SAPS 271 - "Recommendation regarding the application" and add whatever motivation he/she chooses to add, placing the application on the back foot before normal the hurdles are even encountered...
    What benefit is added to the overall process by submitting additional copies? I have to physically write down every single license detail on the 271 form? And if you cant read my hand writing you can pull all my licenses on the system by using my ID?

The reason you have to include a copy of the front and the back of the license : At the back there is a reference number just above the space for your signature for identification purposes I am not sure if this is true but that is what they told me

First I’ve heard of this, I’ve never included copies of other FA licences, I’ve only manually listed them in the relevant section in the SAPS 271 form.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast