Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Question Swapping S13 & S15

Hi Guys,

I am sitting with a tiny predicament and an itch that needs scratching...

I currently own a FEG R61 380acp licensed on S13 (Got it from my wife's mother in law). Time went by, got more involved with firearms, realized 9mm short and 6 round mags are just not going to cut it for me, cue the Glock 19 gen 5

I want to purchase the Glock and make it my S13 but first things first, the FEG currently on S13 (want to get rid of it later but first want to hold on to it, you never know, someone in the family might want it) so I was advised to move the FEG to S15 by applying as a new license after joining a shooting club (which I want to do irregardless) then purchase the Glock on S13 once the S15 license is approved.

That was all fine and dandy, until today...

Was at a dealer and told my sad story to them, then was told no, do what they did, purchase the Glock on S15, once license is approved, apply for change of circumstance and swap the S13 and S15.... BLOODY HELL !!!! This sounds like a lot less waiting time to cure the itch that needs scratching to get the Glock in my hands, got home with this thought in mind, asked a fellow gun owner buddy and was told nope, first I have to apply for a change of circumstance on the S13 to change to S15 and can also apply for the Glock on S13 at the same time.

So....

Here I am pleading to anyone in the know.

Which of these solutions, if any, are the quickest and most fool proof way to get the Glock in my hands and eventually as my S13 ?

TL:DR - FEG currently on S13, want to keep firearm but want to buy Glock 19 as S13

User
    In the middle of two mountains, between two oceans.

Default Re: Swapping S13 & S15

How far from renewal is your current S13. I changed my S13 to S16 when the renewal time came up, now i can fill the S13 slot with another firearm.
    Perhaps if renewal time is close you can go this route

Banned

(Got it from my wife's mother in law)

Wait , what?
    Won't that be your mother??.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post

Wait , what?
    Ok wait wait wait, I was clearly tired and too excited its none of the above, was supposed to say my wife's grandmother

User

Quote Originally Posted by SamL View Post
    How far from renewal is your current S13. I changed my S13 to S16 when the renewal time came up, now i can fill the S13 slot with another firearm.
    Perhaps if renewal time is close you can go this route
    Renewal date is only in 2021

Quote Originally Posted by InheritedChaos View Post
    Hi Guys,

I am sitting with a tiny predicament and an itch that needs scratching...

I currently own a FEG R61 380acp licensed on S13 (Got it from my wife's mother in law). Time went by, got more involved with firearms, realized 9mm short and 6 round mags are just not going to cut it for me, cue the Glock 19 gen 5

I want to purchase the Glock and make it my S13 but first things first, the FEG currently on S13 (want to get rid of it later but first want to hold on to it, you never know, someone in the family might want it) so I was advised to move the FEG to S15 by applying as a new license after joining a shooting club (which I want to do irregardless) then purchase the Glock on S13 once the S15 license is approved.

That was all fine and dandy, until today...

Was at a dealer and told my sad story to them, then was told no, do what they did, purchase the Glock on S15, once license is approved, apply for change of circumstance and swap the S13 and S15.... BLOODY HELL !!!! This sounds like a lot less waiting time to cure the itch that needs scratching to get the Glock in my hands, got home with this thought in mind, asked a fellow gun owner buddy and was told nope, first I have to apply for a change of circumstance on the S13 to change to S15 and can also apply for the Glock on S13 at the same time.

So....

Here I am pleading to anyone in the know.

Which of these solutions, if any, are the quickest and most fool proof way to get the Glock in my hands and eventually as my S13 ?

TL:DR - FEG currently on S13, want to keep firearm but want to buy Glock 19 as S13
    Had a similar situation when i purchased a G26 and currently had my G17 on S13(which expires in 2022) and i already have 2 other 9mm P FA on S16.

I explained my situation to my DFO and indicated my reason for the change being that for my purpose the G26 conceals way better and is still big enough to defend myself, if needed.

He called a contact at the CFR and was told to do the following:
    1) Renew the S13 license and motivate accordingly for sports use and highlight why my current sports FA cant be used for the same purpose as well as my reason for change from S13 to sports use.
    2) Once the renewal is approved (post estimated time of 3 months) then only can i apply for S13 for G26

Long story short to achieve your objective it will take approx. 6 months, on condition, step 1 is approved.

My G17 is a safe queen and I was tired of paying monthly storage on the G26 so I ended up selling my G17 and attached the SAPS 534 from the dealer (i think this is the correct form) with my S13 application for the G26.
    __________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

If i was in your position i would apply for S15 for the G19 and motivate it accordingly for that use, that will be the most easiest.

There are numerous threads covering the legal use of a firearm which was licensed for S15/S16 etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BBT View Post

Wait , what?
    There is also the double negative problem with “irregardless”. All in all a wholly paradoxical post.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

I had something similar, I purchased a SIG P320, under sec 15. Approved no problem

User

Quote Originally Posted by ror123 View Post
    He called a contact at the CFR and was told to do the following:
    1) Renew the S13 license and motivate accordingly for sports use and highlight why my current sports FA cant be used for the same purpose as well as my reason for change from S13 to sports use.
    2) Once the renewal is approved (post estimated time of 3 months) then only can i apply for S13 for G26

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________________

If i was in your position i would apply for S15 for the G19 and motivate it accordingly for that use, that will be the most easiest.

There are numerous threads covering the legal use of a firearm which was licensed for S15/S16 etc.
    This is pretty much the path I was about to venture down, the long and boring road.

The dealer also reassured me as I have also read on here that there is no real legal issue carrying the S15, but I would just feel better having it licensed the correct way, even if its after getting it as a S15 first

User

Quote Originally Posted by Deon_N View Post
    I had something similar, I purchased a SIG P320, under sec 15. Approved no problem
    I am really leaning towards getting it on S15 as I am so amped to get the Glock but want to explore the options and not rush into things without thinking like I tend to normally.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast