Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default GFS Untruth alert! Daily Maverick

Please comment on the article with constructive critisism and balanced comments.
    https://www.dailymaverick.co.za/arti...y#.Wv6X--6FNhE

"The notion of safe storage is central to this epidemic. Gun Free SA operates under the philosophy that “every illegal gun begins life as a legal gun”, meaning something happens in the lifespan of the weapon that changes its nature. According to a November 2017 Gun Free SA report, guns being “lost or stolen” is the greatest cause of illegal firearms. The report states that the average number of guns lost or stolen on a daily basis is 22, with 20 of those coming from civilians, the other two from SAPS officers."

User

Default Re: GFS Untruth alert! Daily Maverick

Maybe I am being stupid, but I can't seem to find the comment section, I would really like to know why I didn't read any comments made by Legal Gun Owners or Comments made by GOSA or even comments by SAGA, seems very biased to me...

I can't for one moment believe that if the author reached out to either GOSA or SAGA that they would have declined to comment.

I believe the author intentionally didn't contact them to make the story fit his own political views...

User

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    Maybe I am being stupid, but I can't seem to find the comment section, I would really like to know why I didn't read any comments made by Legal Gun Owners or Comments made by GOSA or even comments by SAGA, seems very biased to me...

I can't for one moment believe that if the author reached out to either GOSA or SAGA that they would have declined to comment.

I believe the author intentionally didn't contact them to make the story fit his own political views...
    You can only comment on their Facebook where the article is loaded.

User

i cant even find their facebook account

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    i cant even find their facebook account
    @dailymaverick
    https://www.facebook.com/dailymaverick/

The article seems to be aimed mainly at the SAPS but the GFSA philosophy re. illegal guns once being legal is disconcerting to say the least.
    I am sure that all criminals started life as honest people so where does that leave us ? As gun owners we need to take the utmost care of our guns and our rights as the pressures on gun ownership rights appear to be institutionalised.

User

Every stolen or hijacked vehicle used in a crime was once legally owned.Very few crimes can be commited without them ,so are we supposed to get rid of our vehicles in order to reduce crime? Stolen cellphones,cash and a host of other items are used by criminals in the furtherance of their illegal activities so are we supposed to return to the stone age in order to reduce crime? GFSA are following an agenda that has got F### all do do with crime and every thing to do with control. George at work again.

The first question must be: Where do they get those stats from? Seems like patent propaganda to me...

User

does gfsa have a facebook account

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    does gfsa have a facebook account
    No,paid propagandist tend not to engage in debate,they have their "outlets" to spread their message and also use twitter..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast