Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned

Default Re: 50 Round Practise Questions

User

Quote Originally Posted by 45acpglock View Post
    Are you saying that this is a substitute for live fire practice and training?

No it is an aid to be a better shooter. It is like to have a virtual trainer with you all the time.
    (This unit will never replace training with a good trainer nor will it replace life fire. But now with the unit is life fire with a purpose so the 50 rounds can really count)
    (At the range you shoot and shoot wasting ammo and not getting better because you don't know what you are doing wrong, with MantisX it will give you an analysis of each shot and how to correct the wrong)
    After using MantisX for a month now, my shooting improved a lot (groups are getting smaller and more consistent ) only with dry fire. So the unit paid for it self compared to firing real ammo)

Are you involved with the distribution,sales ,marketing etc of this product?
    No I am an user and found this a great tool to become a better shooter. It is absolutely worth the money.[/QUOTE]

Still reads like an ad. Nonetheless. It may be a useful tool. But live fire isn’t a waste of money.

Considering the value of dry fire I would need to be convinced hard that any dry fire aid was worth spending money on over ammo.

User

Money that could rather buy a lot of ammo. Or training

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Considering the value of dry fire I would need to be convinced hard that any dry fire aid was worth spending money on over ammo.
    These types of unit definitely bring something to the party. I was a sceptic till I got one to play with. It's not a substitute for anything but (with the right gun) can be used in live and dry fire. It has the potential to complement a shooter's normal training but may be more applicable to the intermediate/advanced shooter. I'm still getting my own head around exactly how to use one in the best way.

Banned

The MantisX can be used on any gun with a rail and with the magazine adapter on any gun. (Rifles included) This is the best aid device I have seen and my average shooting went from 84% to 94% just under a month of use. (About 20 minutes dry fire a day every day)(That is about 1000 shots dry fire and if it was life fire 1000 x R2 (reloaded with Winchester primers and CFE Pistol powder even down to R1.75 if I use cheaper primers and MS200) So 1000 x R2 = R2 000 + travel to range and range fees and shooting at targets not knowing exactly what I am doing wrong to become a better shooter.

User

Rather buy a reloading press. For the same money you could each practice a 100 rounds a month.

Even better, cast your own bullets and you could each shoot 250 a month.

Banned

I have a press (and reloaded more than 150 000 rounds with it) I reload for R2.00(+-) 9mm and 45 for R4.00(+-). I don't shoot lead in my Glocks. Like I explained above I don't waste ammo just shooting at targets without MantisX installed and therefore only shoot 50 rounds to do target practice (and will be doing 1000 dryfires a month), but also shoot about 500 rounds + a month at sport shooting.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samizat45 View Post
    These types of unit definitely bring something to the party. I was a sceptic till I got one to play with. It's not a substitute for anything but (with the right gun) can be used in live and dry fire. It has the potential to complement a shooter's normal training but may be more applicable to the intermediate/advanced shooter. I'm still getting my own head around exactly how to use one in the best way.
    Im sure they have some value, but I also look at what the guys winning are doing, its not the same thing.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Im sure they have some value, but I also look at what the guys winning are doing, its not the same thing.
    The guys currently winning never had access to these relatively new devices while they were developing their skills.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3