Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Pitting on Glock Slide

The close ups looks like it is not pitting but rather unsmoothed metal - you sure it wasn’t there before?

Yes i agree, its not rust but its raised above the finish. Is there nothing i can do to get them to fix it? Or do you reckon let sleeping dogs be?

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    From the photo it looks more like small imperfections in the slide metal that didn't get filled up by the phosphating than actual pitting caused by rust.(?)

If it was mine I wouldn't be concerned. The "coating" on a Glock slide is nothing more than phosphating. Not all imperfections may get covered (filled) by it. The surface treatment on Glocks is a surface hardening process. But given enough sweat and humidity it can rust. But I don't think yours has rusted.

I contacted Glock directly, sent them an email. They referred me to Bernhard Agencies, i didnt proceed with it yet because i figured id be jerked along once again. What does BA do with these kinds of queries?

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Which Glock 'agent' did you contact? I'd wager BA wouldn't have turned you away with a BS answer like that.

User

A lot

And well worth contacting

Definitely not, as i mentioned, bought the pistol brand new. So im shocked as to how this could be happening so soon

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    The close ups looks like it is not pitting but rather unsmoothed metal - you sure it wasn’t there before?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_0422 View Post
    Yes i agree, its not rust but its raised above the finish. Is there nothing i can do to get them to fix it? Or do you reckon let sleeping dogs be?
    If it is raised (protruding) from the surface I would soak that area with solvent / oil overnight and then scrub with a toothbrush to see if it comes off. Maybe its something stuck to the slide surface (Lets hope...?). Pitting is just that, a small pit (cavity) rusted into the surface metal. I have seen guns with paint overspray stuck on the surface and even bit of FOBUS holster plastic melted onto the frame of a police issue Beretta (don't ask...)

User

Wouldn't it just be wise and contact the agents, surely that is the first port of call.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcel_0422 View Post
    What does BA do with these kinds of queries?
    Well unless you contact them. You will never know. And they will never know about your concern. So contact them. They will give you correct answer.

Ive honestly seen how some peoples sweat is more aggressive on steel. Ive seen a guy handle a firearm. And hour later or so there seems to be surface rust red exactly where he touched. While other people can sweat buckets full on open steel and nothing ever happens to steal.

Unfortunately if its rust there could be alot of reasons why it happened. Thats why Glock cant give possible answer on what happened.

When I shoot my P01 I just pull Boresnake through. From Ejection port and through mag. This way it cleans feeding ramp. Then with cloth just give quick wipe over on outside. Usually Fluid Film. Sometimes Ballistol. Never had rust issues on any firearm so far doing this.

Contact Bernard Agencies. I don’t own a Glock, but alone all the positive feedback people have given on the support they’ve received from Bernard Agencies makes me want a Glock.

So Ive just got off the phone with Bernard Agencies, they've asked for some photos etc. They seem really helpful, so lets wait and see what happens. Ill post an update on the situation after BA's feedback.

Much thanks to everyone for their feedback and help.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast