User

Default Brenneke Hunting rifle collectors -who do I call?

Good day to all members, I believe all is well and good on your side. I am in need of advice and information, will be very grateful if some one can be of assistance ...do any one know of Brenneke rifle collectors? There is a beautiful 7x64 Brenneke (circa 1959) rifle available ..this is collectors item..I do not think average hunter will use such a rifle in the veld...
    Please pm me or e-mail : godendaal@hotmail.com

User

Default Re: Brenneke Hunting rifle collectors -who do I call?

Out of curiosity, do you mean that the rifle is a Brenneke brand, or do you refer to the Brenneke calibers (e.g. 7x64, 8x64, etc.)?

User

I would definitely be interested.
    Brenneke was sort of the Roy Weatherby of his day. His 7 x 64 and 9.3 x 64 were both really excellent and ahead of their times.
    I have never seen an actual Brenneke rifle and don't even know whether any were even made
    Unlike Mauser, most Brenneke calibres were only ever available in German or other European rifles.
    Whatever the situation, i would definitely be interested.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Daga Boy View Post
    I would definitely be interested.
    Brenneke was sort of the Roy Weatherby of his day. His 7 x 64 and 9.3 x 64 were both really excellent and ahead of their times.
    I have never seen an actual Brenneke rifle and don't even know whether any were even made
    Unlike Mauser, most Brenneke calibres were only ever available in German or other European rifles.
    Whatever the situation, i would definitely be interested.
    Dagga boy, I put an add on the For sale part of the forum..all photos and detail is available there..please be so kind as to take a look...
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...17#post1257217

User

Quote Originally Posted by wave.jaco View Post
    Out of curiosity, do you mean that the rifle is a Brenneke brand, or do you refer to the Brenneke calibers (e.g. 7x64, 8x64, etc.)?
    Good to hear from you Jaco. Jaco, this is a Brenneke 7x64 caliber hunting/sporting rifle made in Europe, a few of them made it to South Africa ...it was the higher quality type of rifle from Europe..the 9.3x64 caliber got bad press/opinions due to the bullets used in Germany that time were not up to the pressure and velocity from this caliber rifle and broke up on game..but today this caliber will be a great penetration caliber with new technology ammo...the 9.3x64 Brenneke is a highly sought after caliber rifle..especially in this caliber weight.