Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Suppressing AR15

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBloodedHoodlum View Post
    How is the mechanism different?
    It is a so called open or flow through design with proprietary gas management baffles that minimises the gas back pressure caused by traditional suppressor designs.

From Saimaa Still:
    Rifle silencers are designed for heavy-duty operation, allowing for no-maintenance usage for prolonged time, even providing an operator of a “wet” shot possibility. Unique design allows to eliminate the exhaust of the gases into the operator’s face through the open lock and keeping the receiver clean from carbon deposits. Silencer works perfectly as a muzzle brake.
    We also put special emphasis on the weight of the silencers, which in most cases is 20 to 50 percent lower compared to competing products.

User

User

So what will using a heavy flat wire spring, for example, accomplish if not to help fix the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Theron2033 View Post
    So what will using a heavy flat wire spring, for example, accomplish if not to help fix the problem?
    Higher bolt return speed could potentially break your bolt hold open. Or outrun the mag spring. The best bet is an adjustable gas port. Most AR carbines have gas to spare,as in perhaps a bit too much for civilian use with full power ammo. Going to an H2 buffer really helped one of my rifles but a suppressor adds a lot more back pressure usually. You could also go the gas port insert. There is a hell of a lot of info on M4 carbine.net on supressors and AR rifles.

User

Quote Originally Posted by FNBROWNING View Post
    Higher bolt return speed could potentially break your bolt hold open. The best bet is an adjustable gas port. Most AR carbines have gas to spare,as in perhaps a bit too much for civilian use with full power ammo. Going to an H2 buffer really helped one of my rifles but a suppressor adds a lot more back pressure usually. You could also go the gas port insert. There is a hell of a lot of info on M4 carbine.net on supressors and AR rifles.
    Cool. Thanks. Could you link me to this gas port insert or explain it or where I might get it.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    It is a so called open or flow through design with proprietary gas management baffles that minimises the gas back pressure caused by traditional suppressor designs.

From Saimaa Still:
    Rifle silencers are designed for heavy-duty operation, allowing for no-maintenance usage for prolonged time, even providing an operator of a “wet” shot possibility. Unique design allows to eliminate the exhaust of the gases into the operator’s face through the open lock and keeping the receiver clean from carbon deposits. Silencer works perfectly as a muzzle brake.
    We also put special emphasis on the weight of the silencers, which in most cases is 20 to 50 percent lower compared to competing products.

Damn. That's nice.

Thanks Khumba

User

Quote Originally Posted by Theron2033 View Post
    Cool. Thanks. Could you link me to this gas port insert or explain it or where I might get it.
    Just checked this. Not worth it to do those types of modifications. Adjustable gas blocks seems to be the best value for money thing. I'll start with an H2 buffer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2