Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    User

Default Re: Pistol Calibre Carbine (PCC) questions

Unfortunately there is also only 2 x PCC entries in NNats. I was expecting more support for the division in the National events(and Africa champs) from the amount of people that requested the division on social media.

I think in SADPA, the fact that DMG caters for Carbines is also playing a roll.
    And I don't think IPSC will be too keen on introducing PCC in the handgun events either(maybe a Pistol caliber division in rifle??)

User

Quote Originally Posted by bronxlive View Post
    Unfortunately there is also only 2 x PCC entries in NNats. I was expecting more support for the division in the National events(and Africa champs) from the amount of people that requested the division on social media.

I think in SADPA, the fact that DMG caters for Carbines is also playing a roll.
    And I don't think IPSC will be too keen on introducing PCC in the handgun events either(maybe a Pistol caliber division in rifle??)
    You don't think the initial resistance followed by the lack of opportunities to shoot it and classify in it , had more to do with it than the DMG matches that never happen.

I also think the initial attitude of not only not allowing it, by why it wasn't allowed put people who would've shot the match PCC off the match completely.

Personally I think those things are more likely.

User

I'm not aware of the politics that preceded but sad that the division has not yet taken off properly.

In any case, if anyone doesn't know who I am by now, I will be the ONLY poepol running around with a long gun at the Africa champs, so I should be fairly easy to spot

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

There are 5 PCC entrants in next weekend's Super League.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    There are 5 PCC entrants in next weekend's Super League.
    Would have loved to participate!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    You don't think the initial resistance followed by the lack of opportunities to shoot it and classify in it , had more to do with it than the DMG matches that never happen.

I also think the initial attitude of not only not allowing it, by why it wasn't allowed put people who would've shot the match PCC off the match completely.

Personally I think those things are more likely.
    I agree with this.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Sadly the early resistance to the division has dramatically slowed it gaining traction.
    Indeed. And consider the timefame for finding a suitable PPC, saving up for it (the better ones aren't cheap), getting it licensed, sometimes with appeal, getting accesories (mags etc.), getting it running reliably and becoming proficient and competitive with it. This does not happen overnight. I have seen this in other sports as well. In a few years things will be different.

User

Quote Originally Posted by RudiJ View Post
    I'm not aware of the politics that preceded but sad that the division has not yet taken off properly.

In any case, if anyone doesn't know who I am by now, I will be the ONLY poepol running around with a long gun at the Africa champs, so I should be fairly easy to spot
    Don't worry, I'll be the other poepol

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4