Default Re: CZ 75B Omega Slide Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    So DSG Pretoria has no S&B in stock,

Alternatives

PMP 9mm Para 115gr FMJ
    Sig Sauer 9mm Para Elite Ball 115gr
    Federal American Eagle 9mm Para 115gr FMJ

What do you guys think?

They always stock MaxxTech and Diplopoint, but these alternatives I don't know yet, as they are listed on the website, will have to find out from the staff if they have stock, but thought I'd hear what you guys think of those first.

http://www.davesheer.com/9mm-para-1/

There is a list of all the ammo as per their website, obviously more expensive ammo is better, but not economical for range use...
    Hailstorm/WACS has S&B 9mmP in stock for R230 VAT incl/50 - shop is in Lynnwood.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Khumba View Post
    Hailstorm/WACS has S&B 9mmP in stock for R230 VAT incl/50 - shop is in Lynnwood.
    Wish SAPS could speed up so I can get my license lol, so frustrating to be stuck with whatever is in stock at the range

User

I think it boils down to- use a well know brand ammo in your firearm in order to test it's capabilities. I think S & B was mentioned as it is a brand that works well and is relatively inexpensive. Use any mainstream brand to test your firearm

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    Quote"my front sight fell off three times"
    Reminds me of a woman saying to a friend "They dont make clothes the way they used to. I've had to sew the buttons on my husband's shirt three times already."
    Sounds like some one did a kak job three times.
    Jip. A gun smith in Bloemfontein did it once and Durbanville based gunsmiths did it twice. When it came loose last time, I weld it in place and filled it to size.

User

Thank you sir, that’s actually very cheap.

Edit: meant for Kumba

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    That's just because new CZs aren't as well made as they used to be. Probably because they aren't made in Czechoslovakia any more.
    Guess I'll poke my stick in the hornet's nest with this one, but... I did have to polish the feed ramp of my Czechoslovakian 1991 CZ85: the finish of the ramp was so crude, that the pistol didn't feed reliably even with FMJ ammo (S&B, Magtech etc.). Wish I had a photo of that abomination of a feed ramp, but it was pretty horrible. After the polishing, no problems with the feed. But, you shouldn't do this unless the actual problem is the ramp itself.

At that time, CZ was suffering with a dilemma between high demand and the Soviet era production facilities and their quality was sometimes more or less questionable.

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Guess I'll poke my stick in the hornet's nest with this one, but... I did have to polish the feed ramp of my Czechoslovakian 1991 CZ85: the finish of the ramp was so crude, that the pistol didn't feed reliably even with FMJ ammo (S&B, Magtech etc.). Wish I had a photo of that abomination of a feed ramp, but it was pretty horrible. After the polishing, no problems with the feed. But, you shouldn't do this unless the actual problem is the ramp itself.

At that time, CZ was suffering with a dilemma between high demand and the Soviet era production facilities and their quality was sometimes more or less questionable.

SSP was being sarcastic.

User

Oh... My bad

User

just for info sake
    CZ tests their weapons with Sellior & Bellot, and i believe own them now?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Grant9 View Post
    Ah the (I'm older than you so i know more) card.
    What have you got against us old farts. Of course we know more. Young whippersnapper

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast