Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Concealed carry in a shopping mall.

Quote Originally Posted by mic View Post
    Conceal well, don't advertise, don't tell.
    Get a decent IWB holster.
    +1

User

If I understand the FCA correctly then the shopping centre or any premises must apply to be Firearms-Free Zones.

140 Firearm-free zones

1. The Minister may, after consultation with the National Commissioner and the Secretary for the Police Service, by notice in the Gazette declare any premises or categories of premises to be firearm-free zones, if it is-
      1. in the public interest; and
      2. in accordance with the objects of this Act.

2. Unless authorised to do so in terms of a notice issued under subsection 20 (1), no person may-
      1. allow any firearm or ammunition to be in a firearm-free zone;
      2. carry any firearm or ammunition in a firearm-free zone; or
      3. store any firearm or ammunition in a firearm-free zone.

3. A police official may, without warrant-
      1. search any building or premises in a firearm-free zone if he or she has a suspicion on reasonable grounds that a firearm or ammunition may be present in the firearm-free zone in contravention of a notice issued in terms of subsection (1);
      2. search any person present in a firearm-free zone; and
      3. seize any firearm or ammunition present in the firearm-free zone or on the person in contravention of a notice issued in terms of subsection (1).

4. The Minister may prescribe measures to be taken regarding the demarcation of and placing of signposts on premises constituting a firearm-free zone in order to notify the public that the premises are declared a firearm-free zone.

This is a lengthy and possibly costly process that requires the Minister to gazette the declaration.

But GFSA has introduced “gun free” zones, these are voluntary zones where they tell you that they don’t want firearms here. No gazetting for these zones but they can ask you to leave if they want to.

User

Well I have noticed that very few Malls nowadays display those "no firearms" signs anymore.

Even the banks no longer displays it. Only the no helmet, no smoking and no cellphone signs are displayed at the branches I have visited recently

User

My local bank still has the sign up. Luckily the only refer to striker fire pistols on the sign, and my gun has a hammer so all ok for me (but Glock guys are screwed)

User

Quote Originally Posted by GORBY View Post
    My local bank still has the sign up. Luckily the only refer to striker fire pistols on the sign, and my gun has a hammer so all ok for me (but Glock guys are screwed)

User

@BloodBlade - please pop over to the introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself.

User

Quote Originally Posted by da_panman View Post
    @BloodBlade - please pop over to the introductions thread and tell us a bit about yourself.
    http://www.gunsite.co.za/forums/show...9243-Greetings

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2