Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 9mmS SHORT AMMO

Default 9mmS SHORT AMMO

HI. WHAT FACTORY AMMO WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR A GLOCK 42? CARRY AND RANGE? I WAS THINKING OF SELLIER AND BELLOT OR SIG SAUER. WHICH WOULD BE BETTER?

User

Default Re: 9mmS SHORT AMMO

Quote Originally Posted by moebata5 View Post
    HI. WHAT FACTORY AMMO WOULD YOU RECOMMEND FOR A GLOCK 42? CARRY AND RANGE? I WAS THINKING OF SELLIER AND BELLOT OR SIG SAUER. WHICH WOULD BE BETTER?
    Ok, shouting (caps) aside ;) I would look at Speer Gold Dots, Ranger T series (plenty of this available), Hornady XTP's/Critical Defense. As for ball ammo, either S&B (first prize) or Winchester white box.

User

If I carried a 42 I would carry Hornady Critical Defense or XTP, Fedearl Hydra Shock or Gold Dot if I could get it. All get pretty close to the penetration we want from a carry round , with at least some expansion, and better QC than cheap plinking ammo.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    If I carried a 42 I would carry Hornady Critical Defense or XTP, Fedearl Hydra Shock or Gold Dot if I could get it. All get pretty close to the penetration we want from a carry round , with at least some expansion, and better QC than cheap plinking ammo.
    Hydra-Shok? Why with it's history of spotty performance? I would pick the T series over the Federal offering.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    Hydra-Shok? Why with it's history of spotty performance? I would pick the T series over the Federal offering.
    Yes Hydra Shock.

Because if you look at its performance in 380 , that which makes its spotty in service calibres makes it a viable 380 option

T series seems to do in 380 what hydra shock does in service pistol calibres. Either expanding dramatically and not penetrating or not expanding.

User

Before you commit to buying, try cycling a mag of ammo of choice through your Glock. The .380 calibre can be picky with what ammo it feeds properly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyWereld View Post
    Before you commit to buying, try cycling a mag of ammo of choice through your Glock. The .380 calibre can be picky with what ammo it feeds properly.
    You need to buy to shoot them.

User

I saw the ARX interceptor in .380 mentioned over on FB. Thoughts?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Yes Hydra Shock.

Because if you look at its performance in 380 , that which makes its spotty in service calibres makes it a viable 380 option

T series seems to do in 380 what hydra shock does in service pistol calibres. Either expanding dramatically and not penetrating or not expanding.
    I guess it comes down to personal preference. I wouldn't have included the Hydra-Shok on that list, but that's just me. I should add the .380 Winchester PDX-1 to that list as a good performer as well, in fact likely better than the T series. But with the .380 all are sub-par anything decent in 9x19.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Brendank View Post
    I guess it comes down to personal preference. I wouldn't have included the Hydra-Shok on that list, but that's just me. I should add the .380 Winchester PDX-1 to that list as a good performer as well, in fact likely better than the T series. But with the .380 all are sub-par anything decent in 9x19.
    I’ve not seen any testing that would make me choose PDX-1 1 over Hydra shock in 380. Other calibers yes. 380 no.

All handguns are sub par.
    But some 380’s do things bigger guns can’t.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast