User

Default Optics for hunting pigs at night

I was curious what you guys suggest for hunting pigs at night on a dedicated rifle?

A infa-red sight would be ideal, but that is way beyond my price range.

Other options are a low magnification 50mm scope with good coated optics- I know some are better in low light than others.

1x holographic red/green dot sight.

Is there anything here or technology that I have missed out on?

User

Default Re: Optics for hunting pigs at night

Use a standard rifle scope with a light with a pressure switch attached to your rifle. That's what I have always done. Works just fine.

GOOD DAY You can use a ordinary hunting scope but try the following:
    We used to take mealies mixed in some sugar and yeast with water and let it ferment for 2 days. We then made a feeding spot until the pigs started to feed regularly When we started the feeding we put a yellow 12 volt light up in a tree above the feeding spot and rigged it to a 12 volt car battery with a dimmer switch about 20 meters from the spot As soon as we heard the pigs feeding you turn the dimmer switch slowly until the light shines brightly You will then be able to see the pigs clearly

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by knipmes View Post
    GOOD DAY You can use a ordinary hunting scope but try the following:
    We used to take mealies mixed in some sugar and yeast with water and let it ferment for 2 days. We then made a feeding spot until the pigs started to feed regularly When we started the feeding we put a yellow 12 volt light up in a tree above the feeding spot and rigged it to a 12 volt car battery with a dimmer switch about 20 meters from the spot As soon as we heard the pigs feeding you turn the dimmer switch slowly until the light shines brightly You will then be able to see the pigs clearly
    +1
    I use LED lights and a standard 4×40 scope!

User

For sitting over baits I use a nite site viper attached to my regular hunting rifle. For walking pigs I use an aim point micro with a torch on my shotgun.

But have previously used a red light rigged as previously mentioned

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk