Default Advice on application 90 days before expiry date

I sold my firearm a month ago and the person applied for a license The 90 day period to renew the license is now due but the other person's license has not been approved yet

What is the legal position? Must I now apply for the renewal or just ignore the process and wait for the application results What happens if his application is not approved?

You comments/ advice will be appreciated

Default Re: Advice on application 90 days before expiry date

I personally believe yo need to nothing as app dates are before that 90 day period.

I once missed the 90 day period with a ppk I had.
    Still handed in renewal. But then also sold the ppk.
    Well into the 90 days.
    Other person got license. and he intersting was about 8 months down the line I received sms saying renewal was not successful. Although the buyer already had license.
    This was about 4 years back though.

I renewed my 308 first week May 2018.
    Got sms yesterday renewal was approved.
    Thats like 3-4 weeks. Sad new apps dont work this way. Although my 308 only expires dec 2018. I went way early.

Default Re: Advice on application 90 days before expiry date

Thank you for the comments

I asked the questions at our local DFO but the official did not know what to tell me He just told me to wait and see what happens

I also asked the buyer to get info from the SAPS where he applied for his license In this day and age one never knows but perhaps there are still people there with some knowledge of how to deal with these matters