Default Howa 1500 .223 Rem Walnut stock

Good day

I would appreciate members input with this specific rifle or even the 1500 with Hogue stock. Standard barrel, 22 " long with 1:12 Twist rate. The barrel seems very thin at the muzzle (Personal observation and not necessarily true) Will it still be wise to fit a suppressor to this rifle ?

But I would appreciate any real world feedback.

Your valuable input please.

Regards

KZ

Default Re: Howa 1500 .223 Rem Walnut stock

Howa 1500 Hogue in .223 = Most fun you can have with your pants on.

Please be warned that it will not be yours for long , wife or kids WILL make it THEIR new toy.

( I don't have experience with suppressor on the standard barrel )

Thank you for the reply svanzyl. I have long been yearning for a 223 or 243. Would've loved a 1:9 twist barrel, but this will do Price is R8500. Care to share loads/factory ammo you use with success ?

User

Slight hijack here, but any opinions and/or first hand experiences on the mini action vs the standard action?

Edit: .223 is available on both action lengths

No prob BBCT. Good question. I was under the impression that the 223 Rem will be mini action.

User

Quote Originally Posted by BBCT View Post
    Slight hijack here, but any opinions and/or first hand experiences on the mini action vs the standard action?

Edit: .223 is available on both action lengths
    It's mostly academic. I've played with both and there isn't a huge practical difference in handling, but the mini action does have awesome cool guy factor. I'd buy one at the price.

There are combos advertised for R9000 in PTA/JHB. This is the rifle, Panamax scope, rings, bag and cap.