Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default First Use CZ P07 - Noob

Having recently received my CZ P07 for SD it is fair to say that i am an absolute noob. everything about this is new to me and im enjoying it. Great service from Jacques at Wildmans btw.

Collected my license from DFO on Friday having started the process with competency back in January 2018.

Needless to say i found myself at the Kraaifontein range on a soaking Saturday afternoon.....determined to to put a few rounds through my baby while absolutely ooozing noob vibes, hahahaha. New range bag, New Belt, new rounds, new, Ear muffs, new P07.

Ive shot before on a few occassions (other firearms) and would like to believe that im an accurate shot but i must admit the CZ P07 makes it easy. Ive received it out the box with the decocker fitted and i prefer it instead of the safety.....

Bought myself some 150 rounds of S&B FMJ 115gr and also manage to clear some Winchester Hollows 127gr as a function test given these are my current EDC ammo.
    absolutely no issues with the Ammo after atleast 120 rounds. more to come.

Ive been carrying for the last 4 days without a holster and will be picking up my new Maverick holster from Guns & Tactics soon to complete the Kit...for now

im open to any suggestions that may be offered

Sent from my SM-N920C using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: First Use CZ P07 - Noob

Did you carry Mexican style?

User

yes, on my small. Not smart i suppose but never did it feel out of place until i needed to take it out then a quick good grip was not possible
    Quote Originally Posted by Borschot-luger View Post
    Did you carry Mexican style?

User

Be very careful. Should have made sure to buy the holster before you collected your firearm.

Kraaifontein is a cool range. I thought they were closed on Saturday on account of the weather and chose to go to Taurus in Parow.

Enjoy and welcome to the site.

User

Its not wise
    You need that trigger to be covered
    Always best to get a holster
    It is also illegal

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wezza View Post
    Be very careful. Should have made sure to buy the holster before you collected your firearm.

Kraaifontein is a cool range. I thought they were closed on Saturday on account of the weather and chose to go to Taurus in Parow.

Enjoy and welcome to the site.
    thank you for the concern. i agree.
    ive been lucky enough for guns n Tactics to have time to manufacture my Maverick while i wated for the last hour. really cool and multifucntional holster.

User

.....point taken. holstered now. the Maverick is a really good holster taking my limited experience into account.
    Quote Originally Posted by Borschot-luger View Post
    Its not wise
    You need that trigger to be covered
    Always best to get a holster
    It is also illegal

Clip over fattest part of the gun will result in holster printing issues.

The clip itself is not ideal as it would sometimes release from the belt resulting in the holster coming out with the gun.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

You should have done a bit more research and looked into a Quantum Carry or Daniels holster with a C-clip or soft loop.
    As mentioned above, the clip is not ideal for concealment or for staying on the belt when drawing, but I do find the FOMI/Over-clip better and more reliable than a J-clip though.

But for a first holster you could've done a lot worse (J-clip, sticky/remora, etc).

User

My word Sniper Gear can make some weird shit. If it isn't knives on holsters it's holsters for holsters...

Those clips are not great, as mentioned. Even the plastic wide ones I've found to work better, but C clips or soft loops are the best

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast