Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Default Re: Holstered pistol discharge on video

Honestly, in my true deepest mindset with complete sincerity I have to state that I feel completely in control and safe carrying and holstering my Glock with one up. And I always carry and always carry one up and handle my SD pistol a lot.

Note: I am not against it, but for myself, the std factory trigger setup stays put for my SD gun. And that has nothing to do with it being striker fired or not. I also don't fiddle with cars, fishing reels, rifles etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    Then how come all the paranoia about holstering and taking great care not to activate that silly little "trigger safety"? It is quite clear from all the comments here, and elsewhere, that most Glock owners know in their heart of hearts that the gun is not totally safe when there is one up.

Double action ONLY and with a long and reasonably heavy trigger pull, or with a grip safety that prevents the DA trigger being pulled until a firm grip is taken would be the only thing to fit the bill. Or, of course, the H&K P7 that I carry! Forget nice light triggers with a minimum reset for EDC, save them for sports shooting on the range.

Peter

Bollocks.

Your P7 is one hurried grip away from being a Glock with a shorter lighter trigger and all the safeties disengaged.

Finger in register is a necessarily on every firearm you handle. Not just a Glocks.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Pascoe View Post
    Carrying a HP with the hammer on half cock is not a good idea. If it falls and lands on the hammer the half cock notch can shear and there is a good chance it will fire.Carrying on full cock the half cock notch should catch the hammer if full cock fails. Rather carry full condition one , then all you have to do is wipe off the safety,
    Yes, the HP is a SA gun like a 1911 and designed to be carried hammer back safety on like Rick said.

User

Quote Originally Posted by High Power View Post
    Then how come all the paranoia about holstering and taking great care not to activate that silly little "trigger safety"? It is quite clear from all the comments here, and elsewhere, that most Glock owners know in their heart of hearts that the gun is not totally safe when there is one up.

Double action ONLY and with a long and reasonably heavy trigger pull, or with a grip safety that prevents the DA trigger being pulled until a firm grip is taken would be the only thing to fit the bill. Or, of course, the H&K P7 that I carry! Forget nice light triggers with a minimum reset for EDC, save them for sports shooting on the range.

Peter
    I never once thought about my Glock not being safe when one up. I do know that my FA is live since it is one up so I do take extra care. The way a Glock works is one of the main reasons I bought one for EDC.

However any FA with a round in the chamber is live so which means you need to be careful ALWAYS. Having a manual safety should not make the person handling the FA less careful or make you believe "my FA is safe to carry one up because I have a manual safety"

The way the person handles a FA is what makes it safe. Focus when holstering with any FA not just a Glock

User

Stop

Look at your firearms trigger area
    Look into your holster to make sure its clear
    Holster tilting away from your body if possible
    Watch the trigger as far as you can in, feel for resistance

Notice it doesn't change based on firearm type or holster position? I even holster my cleared and checked sport pistols like this

User

If carrying in the AIWB position, the safest way to holster a pistol (ANY pistol) would likely be to remove the (sturdy) holster, insert pistol while watching it and pointing in a safe direction, then re-insert the holster. Not much chance for any mishap there.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    If carrying in the AIWB position, the safest way to holster a pistol (ANY pistol) would likely be to remove the (sturdy) holster, insert pistol while watching it and pointing in a safe direction, then re-insert the holster. Not much chance for any mishap there.
    Problem then becomes two fold.

You won’t practise much because it’s a ballache.

And you also won’t have a technique for when you can do that.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6