Default New here from Cape Town.

Hi everyone, Tim Here from Cape Town, I'm a form believer in a firearm being a right in SA. I shot a lot when I was in the Defence force and enjoyed it thoroughly, after leaving I never felt the need for a firearm, although I did miss it. Since moving out to the farm areas, and having a few too many close calls and joining the local farm watch I decided it was time for a firearm for myself and my spouse.

Hopi t the new ruling won't effect my competency application and licence. There may be a backlog created.

Getting a Girsan MC 28,took it to the range the other day with the dealer and I'm very impressed with it.

Looking forward to engaging.

User

Default Re: New here from Cape Town.

Welcome. Read a lot about the first firearm you buy. Remember your feelings about the thing, at this stage, means very little.

Hi and welcome to the forum!

User

Hello & welcome, long-time lurker

There is a lot of very solid and sound advice in previous threads on this forum, based on hard-won real-world experience, about buying your first self-defence pistol.

I'd second what PP said above and strongly encourage you to invest time going through some of those threads before diving in.

Don't be shy to ask questions

User

Welcome fellow Capetonian. Some really good advice here, good luck with your research, and, as stated, ask lots of questions before you commit yourself.

Welcome
    Buy crap gun. Ask on FB afterwards if it would be a good choice = setting your house on fire as you can’t admit you phoned 911 by mistake.