Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shooter S2.

User

Default Shooter S2.

I'm 1.5 episodes into Shooter Season 2. Already I have been annoyed a few times by..... stuff..... dialogue....weapons and handling etc. But then S1 was the same way....good stuff interspersed with bad. Why expect anything different from S2?

What the **** with this though?

(Sorry for the quality. I just used my iPhone to take quick snaps of the TV screen. Grainy, focus issues.)

I understand it's a TV show.....and maybe the director said....."yes I know they come off! (no, he didn't) But I don't want to waste screen time taking the handles off. It will look clumsy. Besides....it looks high tech and cool to boot. We'll be the first to feature them! Leave them on! Okay lets shoot this thing!"

The thing is....why, in a real situation would you leave these on? The top heavy effect would be awful, not to mention all the things that could hang up on them, possibly even ripping the gun out your hands or causing a burst to go haywire. Tight spaces forget about it! So really he would have shown more gun savvy if he asked the actors to drop the handles.

Surely there has to be a QD lever or a button etc where the handles can drop free from the MP7A1 briefcase models? I'd want it off as soon as possible. Definitely while I'm behind cover doing a mag change. That could have been incorporated into the scene easy.Of course....not going to happen if they never run out of ammo.

User

Default Re: Shooter S2.

Made it through Ep2......now I'm going to have to put it down until there is nothing better on Netflix to watch. It sucks!! I think I will give S2 of Fauda a go rather.

First off, the script is terrible and the story is too disjointed, confusing flashbacks and shitty dialogue. The acting is shit. The cinematography in Shooter S2 just flat fucking sucks half the time. And I know the DP well....have worked with him before on a show quite a bit. I don't remember him sucking like this. I just don't like it.

Lot's of lens flares, backgrounds blown out and weird POV's....like in one scene a guy kills two Mexicans who helped him across the border and then he drives off. The camera is shooting handheld at the car..... but it is positioned partially behind a tree or branch as a sort of "wipe".....which suggests someone watching them drive off, from a hiding place or concealed vantage point. Why though? Everyone there is dead.

In another scene a female FBI agent is questioning someone in a hotel room. The camera is shooting at them through a somewhat dirty window. A balcony window perhaps? I was trying to figure out..."where is this window" while the scene was playing out. Distracting. Not only this but the actual white window frame is framed in the shot as well, at the bottom of frame...blurry/out of focus of course. Your eye is drawn to it. Just like the tree branch by the dead Mexican's. Why? Why is the camera just not in the room with the two actors? There is no reason to shoot through some dumb window or other, which again suggests someone watching them from the other side of this window..... and it does not make the shot more interesting. In fact it is extremely distracting. To me anyway.

In the Afghanistan flashback segments, some of the camo looked completely wrong to me.

I think I'm done. Shit is going to have to get really boring on Netflix to go back to this show.

I just went through the IMDB. Other than the DP, I only know one of the still photographers, I have worked her with quite a bit. I don't know anyone else on the crew, certainly none of the grip or electric crew.

Has anyone else watched this and been disappointed?

User

Having watched and enjoyed the movie (despite some glaring mistakes), I had high expectations of the series, considering that Mark Wahlberg was involved.

The dissapointment was huge. The kids and me ended up discussing all the stupid stuff, sometimes replaying some scenes just to be sure we actually saw what we thought we saw. Defiitely a low budget production for a low-IQ audience.

Rather don't waste your time.

Season 2 just gets worse by the episode, Unless you have some form of personality disorder which compels you to see things to completion, get out while you still can.

Netflix. Why not terrarium TV.

User

It's dead obvious in the first post, don't know what all the griping is about. He pic OBVIOUSLY just shows "the thing that goes up". Duh...

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    It's dead obvious in the first post, don't know what all the griping is about. He pic OBVIOUSLY just shows "the thing that goes up". Duh...
    That actually was the "shoulder thing that goes up".

This one just goes up.

All the same to libtards anyway.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    What are you saying? I don't understand what you mean here. If you mean the Handle that goes up.....ok yes....but why not take it off?

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post

This one just goes up.

I just woke up..... but I am not getting this piece of the conversation at all. I must be 1/2 asleep still.

My point was that it seems stupid to be in a combat situation with those stupid things still attached. Seems to me someone in a gunfight in a crowded and fluid environment like an outdoor market place, would want to ditch those. I was also asking if anyone knew if they had a QD to drop them away easy. I get having them concealed in a briefcase, where the briefcase drops away and you are now holding the MP7A1 by the carrying handle, transfer that to where you have the gun and off you go. Me I would want that handle off as soon as possible.

Anyway it's just a TV show and a stupid one at that.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post

This one just goes up.

Debatable hey... because the discussions was about the highly dangerous "barrel shroud"...

... and this director evidently at least knew where the barrel is. So that's where he put the thing that goes up. QED

Quote Originally Posted by Fumbles View Post
    What are you saying? I don't understand what you mean here. If you mean the Handle that goes up.....ok yes....but why not take it off?

I just woke up..... but I am not getting this piece of the conversation at all. I must be 1/2 asleep still.

My point was that it seems stupid to be in a combat situation with those stupid things still attached. Seems to me someone in a gunfight in a crowded and fluid environment like an outdoor market place, would want to ditch those. I was also asking if anyone knew if they had a QD to drop them away easy. I get having them concealed in a briefcase, where the briefcase drops away and you are now holding the MP7A1 by the carrying handle, transfer that to where you have the gun and off you go. Me I would want that handle off as soon as possible.

Anyway it's just a TV show and a stupid one at that.
    Google “the shoulder thing that goes up”.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast