Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Natshoot: 'SAPS REFUSAL TO TAKE IN FIREARMS OF WHICH WHITE LICENCES HAD LAPSED'

Quote Originally Posted by Tayls View Post
    Sadly some (many?) DFO's refuse to accept the renewal application if it is done "too long in advance". What this means is that the renewal can slip somebody's mind...

The "early" renewal also means that we are not really getting a full 10 year (or 5 year term), especially since the CFR provide the issue date for the licence and then takes anywhere up to 2-3 months to return the licence card to the DFO for collection by the FA owner. It's a conspiracy, I tell you...

Honestly I really dont mind loosing up to 6 months on my 10 year renewal. Compared to arriving after 90 days and having to hand in or enter into some sort of setup SAPS must still work out around it.

User

Default Re: Natshoot: 'SAPS REFUSAL TO TAKE IN FIREARMS OF WHICH WHITE LICENCES HAD LAPSED'

I logged in on NHSA and got a scare when I saw that I only had 92 days left before renewal on one of my licenses, so I rushed out the next day to get the renewal done only to have the DFO ask me "why so early?" . I looked at the licence again and realized that NHSA was warning my 92 days before I had to renew, not 92 days before the license expired, man that was a relief.
    The DFO accepted it, no other questions or comments.

User

Good to be a member of NHSA

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3