Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    User

Default Dry fire training aids

I see there are a couple of products on the market than can be used with dry fire and life fire training and was wondering of they serve any real purpose. Under which category do they fall, "gimmicks", "nice to have" or "must have"?

My wife bought me a G-Sight Laser and I can already see some improvement in my dry fire as you are able to see where the shot lands, but alas the app for this is not available in SA so you can't unlock the full potential. I sent an email to the app developers and this is their response:

"Thanks for contacting us.

We apologize for the inconvenience. As stated, the App is NOT available to devices outside of the US, due to ITAR regulations. We are trying to get a clearance from the US State Department and there is no closing date on that yet. As such, the only way to get the App outside of the US right now is to apply for an export license from the State Department.

On the other hand, if you are interested in distributing the App in your/any other certain country, it would make more sense to apply for a business export license. Please let us know if that may be something interesting to you."

In an ideal world the local importers would make contact with them and see if they can get the app to support the product, but I have no idea who that is.

I have browsed the internet some more and came across the MantisX and also the Targetize system that is reviewed in the new Sport Shooter and both the systems and their apps are available locally, so plus points for that. The real question however is, are these systems worth the money spent on them to improve skills, in my case for IPSC? When I started out I was a 40% shooter for a long time and with some serious effort have gotten to 60% on a good day and appear to be a bit stuck now. My ideal would be to average 70% on a bad day.

The reason why I'm wondering about these systems, is that they can immediately diagnose shooter errors and you won't be carrying those errors over from dry fire to life fire training and matches.

Any opinions on these please.

User

Default Re: Dry fire training aids

What is you current dryfire schedule?

User

Quote Originally Posted by STREETRACER View Post
    What is you current dryfire schedule?
    Truth be told, I have neglected it the last month, but as a minimum once per week for 15 minutes, if time and live allows two to three times per week. Normally I start with drawing on a target, then do some transitions with two to four targets, first close and then wider/further apart. Last I do mag changes.

User

I will be sending you a PM in the following hour.

User

G sight app is available as a apk download is you have an android device
    https://m.apkpure.com/g-sight-laser-...et.gsappalpha1

User

I've been meaning to get hold of one of these but just haven't got around to it yet:

https://mantisx.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Sierra View Post
    I've been meaning to get hold of one of these but just haven't got around to it yet:https://mantisx.com/
    This is one of the sponsored ptizes at the upcoming IDPA Africa Champs. I really hope I win this ! Sorry for the Hi-Jack

User

Quote Originally Posted by Tango Sierra View Post
    I've been meaning to get hold of one of these but just haven't got around to it yet:

https://mantisx.com/
    A friend of mine is a reseller of the MantisX here in PE.
    I have played with it and really like it.
    Can be used for dry fire or live fire
    A roaring Lion kills no game

User

Quote Originally Posted by MyLani View Post
    A friend of mine is a reseller of the MantisX here in PE.
    I have played with it and really like it.
    Can be used for dry fire or live fire
    Could you please supply some contact details, just want an idea on pricing
    Many Thanks

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    Could you please supply some contact details, just want an idea on pricing
    Many Thanks
    PM sent
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast