Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Dry fire training aids

IMHO, these devices have the potential to be game-changers., provided you use it diligently. It is not a substitute for anything but complements all types of training.
    I'm not familiar with the G-Sight Laser but would have to say that the MantisX/Targetize products are defintely worth looking at. I wish I'd had this when I started shooting. Hell, I wish I'd had it even five years ago as it provides incredible feedback during dry and live fire.
    I did the review for SportShooter on the Targetize and Sebella now has a Mantis she is using and will review. She immediatley saw how her first shot (Production - so double action) was not up to scratch and due to the provided feedback, started improving immediately.
    If anyone can figure out a way to get it to work with Rescomp holsters (Maybe Tazz can make a special hanger!!!!) I'd love to hear about it. Oh, and an attachment that will work with my STI Edge would really be great!

User

Quote Originally Posted by Samizat45 View Post
    IMHO, these devices have the potential to be game-changers., provided you use it diligently. It is not a substitute for anything but complements all types of training.
    I'm not familiar with the G-Sight Laser but would have to say that the MantisX/Targetize products are defintely worth looking at. I wish I'd had this when I started shooting. Hell, I wish I'd had it even five years ago as it provides incredible feedback during dry and live fire.
    I did the review for SportShooter on the Targetize and Sebella now has a Mantis she is using and will review. She immediatley saw how her first shot (Production - so double action) was not up to scratch and due to the provided feedback, started improving immediately.
    If anyone can figure out a way to get it to work with Rescomp holsters (Maybe Tazz can make a special hanger!!!!) I'd love to hear about it. Oh, and an attachment that will work with my STI Edge would really be great!
    I believe the MantisX has a magazine floorplate that they sell. This has a rail on it to mount the device.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

User

The MantisX works great been using it for some time now. Plus as having no rail on my FA the universal rail fitted to the magazine baseplate works great.

Spoiler..There will also be another one up on raffle for July NGPSA Handgun League 6 :)

See discounted price on devices also available from Shooters Portal FB page.

Seen a few fellow shooters using them and also the targetize. Some use both but sellers locally are really supporting the product. And the support from Mantis self is really good as per my experience.

User

Quote Originally Posted by carleng View Post
    I believe the MantisX has a magazine floorplate that they sell. This has a rail on it to mount the device.

Thanks, I saw that but there does not seem to be one specifically for STI-type mags. Maybe another one will fit. I'll ask.

User

Thanks, I saw that but there does not seem to be one specifically for STI-type mags. Maybe another one will fit. I'll ask.
    If they don't have it, maybe buy a normal floorplate and a small rail and fit them together.

User

I use this one on my Bul M5 - sticks to the bottom and off you go, should work for the STI-type mags.

https://ultimate-marksman.co.za/prod...e-rail-adapter

User

Quote Originally Posted by Show69 View Post
    I use this one on my Bul M5 - sticks to the bottom and off you go, should work for the STI-type mags.

https://ultimate-marksman.co.za/prod...e-rail-adapter
    Thanks! I'll get one.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Speed_Freak View Post
    Could you please supply some contact details, just want an idea on pricing
    Many Thanks
    PM sent
    A roaring Lion kills no game

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2