Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Scare last night

I can't really install too much in the house as it's not mine. Security system I didn't pay for, I just pay the monthly installment for the company. Upgrades on the house is "money down the drain", so to speak, specially since I'm not sure how long I will stay there at all. I agree cameras is a must though, even if they are just cheapy IP cameras (there's WiFi everywhere so it's easy enough to manage).

Wife is armed, yes. I'm one of the lucky ones :P

The rifle is nice, since it's equipped with a RDS and the house is constantly slightly lit by external light. I have threatened to get a WML but I think now is the time. Luckily the house is laid out in such a manner that it's not easy to hide anywhere should I come down the hallway. We're also equipped with proper custom burglar bars.

CCTV is worth every single cent.
    Because a thing seems difficult to you, do not think it impossible for anyone to accomplish - Marcus Aurelius

User

Quote Originally Posted by Thorkind View Post
    CCTV is worth every single cent.
    This.

User

Glad you are all safe. I highly doubt that the cold would cause your gate to retract enough to trigger the sensor.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Steven001 View Post
    Glad you are all safe. I highly doubt that the cold would cause your gate to retract enough to trigger the sensor.
    +1

Sent from my VFD 1100 using Tapatalk

User

Rather stay put and wait for security. You are secure in your safe zone, why go look for problems. In this way your wife stays protected. Rather disarm and re arm your panel as you did and then sit tight.

User

What company do you use for armed response and what area in pta? You can send a pm if you don't want to broadcast it. I want to see if I should change armed response.

User

Lifting of gate motors using crowbars is a common thing bud. Look if you can see any toolmarks around the gate. Seeing as you have wifi, at least just get a camera on the gate.

User

Quote Originally Posted by zguy View Post
    What company do you use for armed response and what area in pta? You can send a pm if you don't want to broadcast it. I want to see if I should change armed response.
    Security company is Kilnerpark Security. I'm not afraid to say it, it's a fact. Their service is good, I'm just bugged about the non-armed guards.

Quote Originally Posted by Gbyleveldt View Post
    Lifting of gate motors using crowbars is a common thing bud. Look if you can see any toolmarks around the gate. Seeing as you have wifi, at least just get a camera on the gate.
    Gate wasn't lifted. Like I said, nothing can show me what tripped it. The gate has anti-lift brackets installed everywhere and the motor is fitted with a steel "strip" that holds it together.

I think I should get an IP camera or two. It's just worth it.

User

out of curiosity, if its just you and your wife in the bedroom, why not stay barricaded and wait for armed response?
    very east to take an okapi stab wound when rounding a corner, or worse yet a bullet from the yard

fight from a position of strength

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast