Default Glock 43 or P365

Hi...
    Im confused between the glock 43 and sig p365
    What would you recommend and why?.

I currently have a glock 19 gen 4

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

User

Default Re: Glock 43 or P365

Good question and I'm wondering the same thing. Hoping no one says look at the 43x.

In my estimation, if all else was equal, the P365 renders the Glock obsolete.

However

Parts Availability
    Price
    Actual availabilty
    Local Backup
    Historic reliability

Are all in the glock's favour.

The only problem is the capacity

There is a very good and recommended thread on how a revolver is NOT a good option for SD in SA. The 43 as is, is only 1 or 2 rounds better at 6+1. (Leaving aside reloading for now). None of the aftermarket extended mags are really 100% recommended and then ahem 43x ahem.

Then i would say stick to the Glock platform if you already own a Glock.
    There are many reasons, finding parts, sights, mags and holsters easily. And cheaper.

For me personally, i struggle with the grip angle between the Glock and the Sig.
    I can draw my Glock from a holster and my sights are aligned and on target, when i draw with my buddies Sig, im always pointing very low and have to adjust. So i would probably stick to Glock because of that. Especially for a carry gun.

That being said, i dont have much experience with a sig and who knows, with a bit more practice, i could overcome this.
    Not sure if anyone else struggles with this.

User

following

Yes, but the 43x is much larger, the p365 has everything going for it in terms of size plus the extra rounds.

I've been reading about problems with the p365 which is making me lean towards the 43 as this would be for sd

I've never shot the sig twitch as none of the gun stores have one available to shoot, internally agree it would be in my best interest to lean towards the 43 as it wouldn't be much difference between the 19

User

I would suggest sticking to the platform that you know. As you have said the availability of support in SA is also a big consideration. Having held the 43 I would fit a +2 shoe in any case my pinky finger falls off the grip. The 43x is a much better solution if am am going to fit a shoe in any case. Holding the 43X the extra grip length does make a difference and increases the rounds from 8 to 10

User

If you can mitigate the ffg negatives on the sig:

Parts Availability - Order the gun with a spares kit, especially spare firing pin

Price - assuming money is not a problem
    Actual availability - it's your second FA so you can afford some patience
    Local Backup - Get to know them and understand their limitations and lead times
    Historic reliability - the sig seems reliable for now

Then it's the obvious choice

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury1 View Post
    Yes, but the 43x is much larger, the p365 has everything going for it in terms of size plus the extra rounds.

I've been reading about problems with the p365 which is making me lean towards the 43 as this would be for sd

Not too burst bubbles. But you will read about issues about just about any make of firearm. And make of item you might want to buy. Some will say its the best ever. Someone will say it sucks. Others will go 50/50.

Quote Originally Posted by mottobaaj View Post
    If you can mitigate the ffg negatives on the sig:

Parts Availability - Order the gun with a spares kit, especially spare firing pin

Price - assuming money is not a problem
    Actual availability - it's your second FA so you can afford some patience
    Local Backup - Get to know them and understand their limitations and lead times
    Historic reliability - the sig seems reliable for now

Then it's the obvious choice
    Agree, from research I've done sig parts arent available while glock spares are freely available.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast