Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Letter to the DAs James Selfe

Good luck with your awaited response from Mr Selfe, he is past his shelf date. The DA has this notion that attracting "celebrities" will win them support and votes, wonder whatever happened to Nicky Van Der Berg, the radio "guru" who once was part of the herd, i think he is grazing elswhere.

This is the response I got when I wrote them requesting their policy on FA’s

Dear Mr Wilkinson

Thank you for your enquiry. The DA's policy stance is that we support the right to private firearm ownership within an appropriate regulatory framework.

Regards
    Zakhele Mbhele MP
    DA Shadow Minister of Police

When I asked him to elaborate I got this

An appropriate regulatory framework would be one that:

1) limits firearm ownership to individuals with demonstrated and certified competency in, and appropriate measures for, firearm safekeeping, handling and use, and
    2) prohibits, as far as possible, firearm ownership by individuals where there is reasonable cause to judge them mentally unfit for it, e.g. history of violence, criminal record for violent offence(s), demonstrated misuse of firearms, etc.

Regards
    Zakhele Mbhele

Just as vague as a politician can be....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

Quote Originally Posted by Alfie Wilkinson View Post
    This is the response I got when I wrote them requesting their policy on FA’s

Dear Mr Wilkinson

Thank you for your enquiry. The DA's policy stance is that we support the right to private firearm ownership within an appropriate regulatory framework.

Regards
    Zakhele Mbhele MP
    DA Shadow Minister of Police

When I asked him to elaborate I got this

An appropriate regulatory framework would be one that:

1) limits firearm ownership to individuals with demonstrated and certified competency in, and appropriate measures for, firearm safekeeping, handling and use, and
    2) prohibits, as far as possible, firearm ownership by individuals where there is reasonable cause to judge them mentally unfit for it, e.g. history of violence, criminal record for violent offence(s), demonstrated misuse of firearms, etc.

Regards
    Zakhele Mbhele

Just as vague as a politician can be....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Seems more anti gun than anything else.

I am surprised that you even got that from him, escape & evasion is the name of the game in politics

User

My vote will be going to FF+ or COPE. Will make my final decision later on. But there is way too many things done and said by the DA that just pissed me off

User

Have to agree. Their showing is dreadful. They are or were trying to play a fair game against the ANC and took a beating.
    They need to wake up... do what the ANC does: make promises now and try and figure out how to deliver when in power. The problem with the ANC is they took the money and ran...

They have lost my vote for the next round, for the first time ever. Hopefully our freedoms will be better protected elsewhere.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ruaanfs View Post
    My vote will be going to FF+ or COPE. Will make my final decision later on. But there is way too many things done and said by the DA that just pissed me off
    Agreed. Fuck the DA.

User

Quote Originally Posted by ruaanfs View Post
    I think there are a lot more people doing that than we think. Either of these two would moderate the DA in a coalition. Cope has a more widely acceptable makeup where the VF+ would balance the far left of our politics out a bit more.

I think the DA might find a lot of votes that they thought were in the bag so to speak will go somewhere else come the next elections.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Eniigma View Post
    I think the DA might find a lot of votes that they thought were in the bag so to speak will go somewhere else come the next elections.
    +1.I Agree with this, and the VF+ will see more votes than they expected as I too will be voting for them instead of the DA.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast