Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    User

Default Re: Best Self Defence Ammo 4 CZ 75

Damn... Sorry to hear. Advice based on real life experiences: I'd suggest anyone avoid Magtech SD ammo. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and they overpenetrate like a Teflon coated FMJ dipped in lard...

Maybe this is a known fact there, but just in case it isn't. But if they are unavailable: good for you

Bismarck

I looked into this when I first applied for my 9mm CZ P07 and found this stunning website. These guys did extensive tests on most self defense ammo. The basics are that, FBI standards give you an indication of what is "expected" of how a self defense load should perform. I personally stuck to FBI standards of 12-18 inches of penetration and love the Hornady 135gr +P. You will notice that there is a difference between how a 115gr, 124, 147gr bullet shoots. For me 115gr is "snappy" on the muzzle and the 124gr gives a nice "push".

1. Barrel length makes a difference: Same bullet under perform in shorter barrels
    2. The material it needs to penetrate has an effect: Denim, wood, glass etc
    3. When it penetrates how does the bullet expand: Over penetration may lead to hurting people beyond your perp

As for the Ranger Ts, which is +P+, it's not recommended by CZ as the Pressure is too high, but yes guys shoot them anyway.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...tic-tests/#9mm

PS: Also look at the Magtech Gaurdian Gold 115gr
    Sig Sauer 124gr V-Crown

User

Quote Originally Posted by 9milczp07 View Post
    Bismarck

I looked into this when I first applied for my 9mm CZ P07 and found this stunning website. These guys did extensive tests on most self defense ammo. The basics are that, FBI standards give you an indication of what is "expected" of how a self defense load should perform. I personally stuck to FBI standards of 12-18 inches of penetration and love the Hornady 135gr +P. You will notice that there is a difference between how a 115gr, 124, 147gr bullet shoots. For me 115gr is "snappy" on the muzzle and the 124gr gives a nice "push".

1. Barrel length makes a difference: Same bullet under perform in shorter barrels
    2. The material it needs to penetrate has an effect: Denim, wood, glass etc
    3. When it penetrates how does the bullet expand: Over penetration may lead to hurting people beyond your perp

As for the Ranger Ts, which is +P+, it's not recommended by CZ as the Pressure is too high, but yes guys shoot them anyway.

https://www.luckygunner.com/labs/sel...tic-tests/#9mm

PS: Also look at the Magtech Gaurdian Gold 115gr
    Sig Sauer 124gr V-Crown
    Thank u 9milczp07 for the reply very helpfull & will definetely look into this,i take note of +P+ ammo
    & dont want to damage my FA as it will be my sole one till i can get maybe a CZ PO 3 maybe by then who knows

User

Corrected CZ PO 7 03 or PO 7 02 well see

User

Quote Originally Posted by AK-Gunner View Post
    Damn... Sorry to hear. Advice based on real life experiences: I'd suggest anyone avoid Magtech SD ammo. Sometimes they work, sometimes they don't and they overpenetrate like a Teflon coated FMJ dipped in lard...

Maybe this is a known fact there, but just in case it isn't. But if they are unavailable: good for you
    They are available... which ones Gunner? Blue Box? Guardian Gold? They SCHP and Bonded JHP line are definite improvements on the former.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3