Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    User

Default Backpack/daypack

Good day guys,

Increasingly I have found it necessary to get a backpack to carry while hunting.

I used to chugg a bunch of water in the morning and then head out with just rifle and ammo.

Lately I feel a backpack with hydration is becoming necessary. Also in the backpack a small pair of binoculars, small camera, oranges, energy bar, Biltong droëwors and whatnot.

My main issue is the water. Do you guys carry a normal backpack with bottles or something like a camelbak?

User

Default Re: Backpack/daypack

Backpack with hydration sleeve built in. Can remove the hydration pack for normal use, insert for when needed.

You now have the perfect excuse to splurge on a Camelbak MULE.
    Sent electronically, thus not signed.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    You now have the perfect excuse to splurge on a Camelbak MULE.
    Bingo

User

I use a normal backpack - problem is they are bulky and because there's lots of space, I carry extra sh1t (which I don't really need), because, well, you know, just in case........ I'm thinking better to think of using my running belt with it's two small hydration bottles. It's got enough room for a few small snacks. No room for binoculars, but big enough for a cellphone for taking photos.

Quote Originally Posted by Graham12 View Post
    I use a normal backpack - problem is they are bulky and because there's lots of space, I carry extra sh1t (which I don't really need), because, well, you know, just in case........ I'm thinking better to think of using my running belt with it's two small hydration bottles. It's got enough room for a few small snacks. No room for binoculars, but big enough for a cellphone for taking photos.
    I've been fiddling with my setup and heading along Graham12's lines also. Find I was taking far too much crap along. Also considering that generally a shorter walk in the morning not necessarily a full day out. I leave extra water and food in the vehicle for when we are picked up.

My biggest issue is actually my fleece and what to do with it once it comes off. Used it every morning as pretty cold. Maybe I'm just softy from Durbs!

i am also looking at a bum bag or moon bag to take the small essentials along...

User

I have used a bum bag but find it does not carry particularly well with a rifle and knife etc and actually becomes quite uncomfortable after a long day. I have ended up using a small possibles bag which fits a 10x25 bino (if not in top shirt pocket), range finder, 750mm of water, an orange, toilet paper, a pocket camera and an emergency plastic poncho.

The bag slings over the shoulder hangs on the opposite side to the rifle and the strap has a clip and "d" ring letting you drop it silently and without too much movement when necessary. Being small it also limits the urge to take too much stuff along.

User

I also use my jonsson shirt to carry range finder in one pocket and binos in the other. Although only certain binoculars will fit in a shirt pocket.

Also take in to account the strap width as it can get in the way if the eye relief is sensitive

User

Sniper camel pack 2 L water with bladder and hose and 10 L carry capacity. Cost me R650 in 2017

I carry a Melville and Moon over shoulder bag- had it for years and I find it comfy.
    Plastic water bottles or water sachets for ease of carry.
    Camelbak's are great, but the strap is quite thick.
    YMMV

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast