Thread: Noob Incoming.

Banned

Default Noob Incoming.

Howsit People,

Ryen here, not 100% new to the forum, but have mainly just been lurking and reading through a few post and oggling some beautiful pieces of equipment!

I completed my competency courses (All 4 cats) in Jan this year, about 3 years overdue, and got my wonderfully professional looking certificate from my local SAPS and went out and bought a used P226 (Incoming glock recommendations I am sure). So yeah in the process of waiting for my license for the SIG.

I am keen on more sport shooting than hunting and just enjoy the engineering behind firearms, especially some older mil surp style rifles. So I want to get into the sport and looking to probably start with just pistol for now (hopefully something with some steel targets) then will do something like the High Power Rifle Assosciation shoots and various such when I get the hang of things, as 3 Gun challenges are a bit over my head.

Want to get something along the lines of a R1/FAL (Yes, old, heavy, big-expensive-heavy-ammo, but I enjoy the look and feel of it too much to settle for a AR/AK variant rifle) and maybe an old cheaper mil surp bolt action for the rifle side of things.

So yeah any suggestions on clubs/associations/organizations/band of happy go lucky people that I should look at joining to be able to use such wonders?

Maybe some suggestions on what, where, how and who?

I have already met @Dinat who was friendly and willing to chat to me about it for some while and told me some interesting shoots he took part in that spiked my interest some more.

Anyways enough rambling,

From what I have seen/ experienced so far the forum is full of friendly and helpful people, and I am looking forward to putting some names to faces in the future.

Default Re: Noob Incoming.

Hello RyenGast and welcome to the forum.

I can recommend SADPA and/or SAPSA to be able to use the said R1 in a sporting environment. They also make provision so that you compete against rifles in similar calibers to even the playing field.

User

Welcome. Careful of Dinat. He operates at a different level when it comes to acquiring nice things.

Hi and welcome to the forum!!

User

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned

So after a good while, finally got my 1983 West German P226.