User

Default Confusion about SAPS 534

Good evening,

I am in the process of privately selling my hunting rifle. I am currently overseas and the rifle is in safe storage at a family member. The buyer submitted a SAPS 271 and supporting documentation, but the DFO now requests a SAPS 534 or the document we had to fill in to put it into safe storage. I cannot make out from the buyer exactly what the DFO requires.

Can anyone kindly shed some light on which document is most likely referred to? I all my previous licensing matters (AFAIK) a SAPS 534 was not required.

Your advice is appreciated!

Jaco

User

Default Re: Confusion about SAPS 534

The SAPS 534 is the document you fill out and sign to transfer the ownership from yourself to a dealer.

A SAPS 271 is the document you fill out and sign to transfer the ownership from yourself to another person.

Your DFO is confused.

User

just a wild guess.... the buyer mentioned 'safe storage' and 'not owner' to the DFO, hence they want the storage permit, or 534...

perhaps he needs to re-iterate to his DFO it is a private sale, from seller to buyer... not gun store involved...

As A-R said.

Did you sign off on the 271 as owner of the gun?
    Speed is important, but not at the sacrifice of accuracy, but being accurate needs to be fast enough.
    Jeff Gonzales - Trident Concepts

THE BITTERNESS OF POOR QUALITY REMAINS LONG AFTER THE SWEETNESS OF LOW PRICE IS FORGOTTEN.

"Crime is contagious. If the government becomes a law breaker, it breeds contempt for the law; it invites every man to become a law unto himself; it invites anarchy."
    Louis D Brandeis