Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: AK or AR ?

User

Default Re: AK or AR ?

Quote Originally Posted by Skaaphaas View Post
    I already have 2 kids.

User

i have both AR is best for sport shooting .and if it was legal ,hunting . the AK is best if you want to kill some of your targets with the rifle , bashing them over the head . lol

I really love my Type 56, and it holds its own in ESG Major. But as several others have pointed out, its now the most expensive 56 in the country - I could probably have bought at least two M&P15s for the spend to date. Looking back, a 300BLK AR would have delivered the same easier and faster than the time and money I've invested into the 56.

But I am now getting a 300BLK SBR too
    There are no stupid questions ........ just stupid people

User

Lets put it this way

I consider IPSC rifle as the major rifle shooting sport in SA. The talent there is very good. How many of them do you think use AK's?

If you want to play in IDPA DMG, go for it, but if you want to compete or have the ability to compete then you have to go for an AR

User

both can work....depend on what level/type of of comp, but for ipsc (semi auto) definitely AR. some have had success with mini 14/LM/AK but the game have since moved on especially in Open Division. Interestingly the whole Russian Open team shot with ARs at the IPSC rifle world shoot last year despite great incentives from Kalashnikov. one match I shot last year....one of the top shooters in the world played with 300blk/major.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3