Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Default Re: GOSA Fund Raiser

Done and also summonsed all my firearm owner friends to do so right now.
    Could all gun importers, dealers and gun shops also donate to this very worthy cause?

User

Things are very tight on the home front, but I did just donate R100 as well. This together with my full membership renewed earlier in the year (not sure what precious metal one) hopefully helps out.

also donated earlier this week.

User

Legal Fund Donations
    R 1000000

R 289650

29%

Updated
    13 July 2018

User

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    I'm watching the dealers page - I will not spend money with dealers not on that list. I've also send a message to Safari and Outdoor, one of the largest retailers, as I do not see them on the list - still waiting to get a reply. I'm also visiting one of their branches this weekend and will ask the store manager in person. My FAs, ammo and accessories spend will not go to dealers not supporting the fight.
    Please petition your local dealers to support this fight!

i feel this is a very good point, it is not fair that some dealers have contributed and some havent

i donated a small amount as thats all i can afford right now, one would think that those whose income is directly effected would be first in line to help the fight

User

Nice to see that Natshoot is also punting GOSA (bold bit at the bottom) in their latest newsletter sent out about an hour ago...

Quote Originally Posted by Natshoot
    Dear Member,

In the midst of the near chaos created by the police’s threats to persons to hand in those firearms for which their white licences had expired, after the Concourt’s judgment of 7 June 2018, NHSA has been actively involved in creating avenues to mitigate the inherent unfair situations which some of our members might find themselves in re their continued legal firearm ownership.

In addition, we have in this regard, also actively partaken in ongoing initiatives of the hunters forum in consultations with legal representatives of the Minister of Police’s office.

In order for us to continue to responsibly represent our members who might find themselves in this unenviable position re some of their firearms, we need to collect factually correct information from affected members to continue with some of the processes we have initiated.

FIRSTLY: Please let us know before Tuesday 12:00 if you find yourself in a position where you did not renew your white licence which expired between 5 July 2017 and 7 June 2018, because you acted on the information presented to you in our Newsletters Vol 13(19) and Vol. 13(20), both dated 4 July 2017. Specifically because you acted on the content of paragraph 68.3 of the honoured Judge Tolmay’s order of 4 July 2017 (Newsletter Vol. 13(19), in which she ordered all white licences (also those which had expired as well as those that would still expire) to be deemed valid until Parliament had amended sections 24 and 28 of the Firearms Control Act (thus implying that you did not need to submit a renewal application for your white licence which will still expire due to her court order).

We need you Initials and Surname and ID number, plus a copy of the specific white licence (front and back) please, plus a very short statement why you did not renew your white licence due to the court order. Please send Email to admin@natshoot.co.za

SECONDLY: Please let us know before Tuesday 12:00 if you found yourself in a situation where you wanted to renew your to expiring white licence on time but were instructed to first renew your competency certificate for that firearm(s), and that due to this instruction from your DFO, your white licence expired and your DFO consequently did not want to accept your renewal application for such a firearm(s) after your competency’s renewal was concluded.

We need you Initials and Surname and ID number, the police station involved, a copy of the receipt you received when entering your application for your renewal of competency, a copy of the specific white licence (front and back) please. We also need a bullet point explanation of the situation you were made subject to in this regard. Please send Email to admin@natshoot.co.za

These are, unfortunately, the only two scenarios we can try and assist members with in this manner at present.

In the meantime, GOSA has initiated court proceedings, also in a bid to find solutions to the current situation re handing in of firearms of which white licences have expired. Their efforts, if successful, will benefit all firearm owners in the country. If you would want to, you can consider making a financial contribution to their court case via their website - http://www.gosaonline.co.za/

If you have not done so yet, we once again urge you to please make sure you read our Newsletters Vol 14(20) and Vol. 14(21) on the Natshoot website.

Kind regards
    Dr Herman Els
    NHSA Executive Chair

Everyone should also realise that if over 430 000 Firearms are not re-lisensed and end up being surrendered the financial loss to the economy, particularly for gunshops will be huge in terms of all the revenue lost from future sales of ammunition,accessories, reloading components and equipment, powders,primers etc as well as further revenue lost in terms of range fees, competitions not entered into ,practising and the sheer fun of social shooting not to mention gunsmithing etc ,etc.

There is also the real chance of many organisations suffering due to these previous firearm owners surrendering their membership with sport shooting and hunting organisations.

Ironically the SAPS themselves will lose future re-licensing fees and revenue of these particular confiscated or surrendered firearms.
    The knock on effect will also spill over to completely discourage these previous firearm owners from starting all over again having lost their firearms.

A vicious circle and a bad situation to be in and hence this must be stopped at all costs.

Go and donate NOW in the name of proud gun ownership.

User

Donated. Keep up the good fight!

User

Quote Originally Posted by WCC View Post
    I'm watching the dealers page - I will not spend money with dealers not on that list. I've also send a message to Safari and Outdoor, one of the largest retailers, as I do not see them on the list - still waiting to get a reply. I'm also visiting one of their branches this weekend and will ask the store manager in person. My FAs, ammo and accessories spend will not go to dealers not supporting the fight.
    Please petition your local dealers to support this fight!
    Fantastic idea!

User

The point being made about supporting dealers who donate is very valid. I myself am in a really tight position but still gave my small contribution. Surely a dealership could contribute as well even if just a small amount. I am sure a lot of people haven't heard about GOSA which is why we have to spread the word like Jehovah's Witnesses or the plague or whatever. Every R10 counts, and money talks so if you can't give R10 then you will not see my Randelas flow into your business.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast