Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Sports adventure shooting. Delvillewood Memorial Competition Saturday 14th July 2018

Sports adventure shooting.
    Delvillewood Memorial Competition Saturday 14th July 2018

This year will mark the 8th Annual Delvillewood Memorial Competition in remembrance of those who fought and perished in a woods far from home during WWI.

The competition will be held on 14th of July 2018 starting at 07:00 and finishing at about 17:00

A camp site with ablutions will be available from 12:00 on Friday the 13th to 11:00 Sunday 15th July 2018. (You are not obliged to camp out, however its great opportunity to meet fellow Sas’ers)

Guests, Family, Friends & Observers welcome.

www.tacqm.co.za will again be sponsoring the prizes including a Lee Enfield Rifle!

The Match Director's decision is final.

Open to those who are L1 qualified for 2018 or by invitation.

To enter:

Sports adventure shooting Delvillewood Memorial Competition 2018

Pics from 2017 Competition
    DWM 2017 Sml(27).jpgDWM 2017 Sml(5).jpgDWM 2017 Sml(95).jpgDWM 2017 Sml(106).jpg

(For those who are NOT Members of Sas and NOT L1 Qualified please contact me camo@tacqm.co.za as we will be holding a L1 Qualification on Saturday 7th July 2018)
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

User

Default Re: Sports adventure shooting. Delvillewood Memorial Competition Saturday 14th July 2

Looking forward to this years comp, have home brewed beer ready for after comp braai 🍻

User

Default Re: Sports adventure shooting. Delvillewood Memorial Competition Saturday 14th July 2

Last year's was awesome. Cant wait for this one!

User

Can't wait for this event!

Did my First DWM in 2016, part of staff in 2017 and this year I'll be gunning for 1st!

Sasers beware the warning, The Bosluis is coming... (Cue omnious music from your favourite horror movie)

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Yes, going to be different from previous years events I am informed. Box and Dick are working hard on the events.

Seems we might be shooting a 50cal!

The camping (In relative luxury by Sas standards) is going to be a nice opportunity to catch up with our buddies.

And yes, it is going to be cold, but that is normalI suppose.
    Recent studies show that 1 out of every 3 liberals are just as dumb as the other 2

More pics from the 2017 Delvillewood Memorial Competition.

DWM 2017 Sml(150).jpgDWM 2017 Sml(283).jpgDWM 2017 Sml(301).jpgDWM 2017 Sml(440).jpg

To clarify: Gear needed for the Delvillewood Memorial Competition 2018

Must be at least L1 Qualified for 2018
    Gear Required

• EDC: Handgun, Knife, at least 1 spare Mag
    • Level 1 Gear
    • Resupply Bag: 50 Rounds Rifle, 50 Rounds Handgun, 2 Liter Water.
    • Eye & Ear Protection.

Sas DWM 2016.jpg

User

Thanks to Box and Francois, this was an amazing event! I really enjoyed the variety in the stages, it is a real eye opener to see which skills I am lacking.

User

Sports adventure shooting’s Annual Delville Wood Memorial Competition was held this weekend on their range near Walkerville. This is their biggest competition of the year having competitors come from as far as the Western Cape and Mpumalanga to compete.

I was honoured to be asked to once again be the official umpire for the match.

From organisers, competitors and admin staff, everybody gave 110% to make 2018’s competition one of the best I’ve been involved in.
    Because the competition day is so intense, many folks decided to camp on the freezing cold range the entire weekend.

On Friday, the camp was set up, fires were lit, meat was braai’d, tactics and load-outs were discussed. Perfect sunsets were witnessed in preparation for the big day.

An early start to competition day started with a sunrise unavailable to anyone in the city, and included hot showers, coffee and breakfast as the competitors geared up for the competition and admin and staff readied the last minute tweaks to getting the day underway.

The competition is held for the entire day, having competitors use long guns and handguns individually at some stages as well as both in multi-gun stages. It included land navigation stages, a biathlon stage, and even a resupply stage.

Shooting took place from as far as 300m to up close at 10m. There were accuracy stages as well as a jungle lane stage, shooting steel tucked away on one of the bays behind well positioned branches and sandbags. They even had a resupply stage where all the gear that is carried with them and used, needed to be replenished, and this they did under the clock as part of the competition.

Watching the competitors in this Delville Wood Memorial competition give their all is inspiring to say the least. I am humbled by the heart, guts, fortitude and camaraderie they all display when competing.

The day ended with prize giving and thanks to all involved and ended with guns and ammo stowed, fires lit, beers opened and cold, sore bodies slowly warmed by the fire.

It was a good day.

If you’d like more info on Sports adventure shooting please give Camo a shout on 0837567829 or check out their web page http://sportsadventureshooting.co.za.

A massive personal thank you to Tactical Quartermaster who supplied much of the gear, all the communications tools and particularly the toilets and showers.
    If you need gear or just want to check out some cool stuff, check out their website www.tacticalquartermaster.co.za

Last edited by camouflage762; 16-07-2018 at 11:55.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast