Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Default Re: Police Comptency 101

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceOfficer View Post
    You got lucky.
    It's because DFO's are allowed to make up their own rules, there is no standards...

User

Quote Originally Posted by armandvdwalt View Post
    My DFO was happy accepting the application with the 350b as an additional attachment
    If this can be done like in your case,will the next shop owner start charging me storage fees,as where the current owner isn't for the next 10 months?

Submitted the license application on the 22nd of June, competency was approved the 19th of June, started with competency on the 19th of April
    Ok i see,your competency was well in the 90 day window,is this a norm nowadays as i see that the licensing part takes a bit shorter,either way Congrats,quess you cant wait for you license to be approved??

User

There are a couple of threads detailing the 350 issue.
    It's because DFO's are allowed to make up their own rules, there is no standards...

User

It's only fair that the shop charges a storage fee seeing as your gun will be taking up space in their safe. And it is certainly very likely that they will charge you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck 1941 View Post
    If this can be done like in your case,will the next shop owner start charging me storage fees,as where the current owner isn't for the next 10 months?

Ok i see,your competency was well in the 90 day window,is this a norm nowadays as i see that the licensing part takes a bit shorter,either way Congrats,quess you cant wait for you license to be approved??

Quote Originally Posted by Bismarck 1941 View Post

Yes most likely the shop owner would, for me it was a case of pay storage and be able to shoot the pistol or don’t pay storage and not be able to shoot the pistol.

It seems to be the norm from the long competency thread. My GF’s competency is also almost on 90 days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple of threads detailing the 350 issue.
    Yeah, when I went to hand in the apps for the AR15 and the pistol neither of them was on the dealers license yet. The AR was still reflecting on Diplopoints license and the pistol on suburban guns. The DFO told me go and get 350b’s for them and then they can submit

User

My DFO was happy accepting the application with the 350b as an additional attachment
    Submitted the license application on the 22nd of June, competency was approved the 19th of June, started with competency on the 19th of April
    Yes most likely the shop owner would, for me it was a case of pay storage and be able to shoot the pistol or don’t pay storage and not be able to shoot the pistol.

It seems to be the norm from the long competency thread. My GF’s competency is also almost on 90 days.

It does make a lot of sense,however since tomorrow is D-Day for me starting with the Police Competency it will be to much of a hassle to orgenise all of this on 99,for me time is ticking & $$ few so i have to start my ball from rolling ASAP,as for everyone's assistance,much appreciated,will keep you posted!!

The problem with complying with this 'request' is that it sets a precedent. Today it's a nice-to-have, tomorrow it's a requirement.

Also, I truly don't see any reason why ones neighbours need to give permission (by virtue of being a reference). It's really none of their business - regardless of their own personal inclination towards firearms.

Things might be fine now, but let your dog poop on their lawn and suddenly the cops are at your door 'cos you pointed your gun at your neighbour'. Yes, it's taken to the extreme but weirder things happen on a daily basis. This is not something I would suggest you go along with.
    I fully agree with you. No one needs to know what I want to do. But how does one argue with the dfo? Coz its much easier for him to just write "not recommended" if you start arguing?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Eraser View Post
    I fully agree with you. No one needs to know what I want to do. But how does one argue with the dfo? Coz its much easier for him to just write "not recommended" if you start arguing?
    First option would be to politely decline. Not everyone knows their neighbours these days...

IF the DFO does by some chance take it personally and provide a bad recommendation then you could get GOSA/Martin Hood or the like involved.

First option would be to politely decline. Not everyone knows their neighbours these days...

IF the DFO does by some chance take it personally and provide a bad recommendation then you could get GOSA/Martin Hood or the like involved.
    That does sound like good advice that I didnt think of.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4