Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    User

Default Re: Green cards of expired white licenses no longer valid

Here be the problem, we as firearm owners are in the same boat, but on the same side, no, couldn’t be further from the truth.

As far as I can determine, the structure looks like this:

1: People that in truth don’t read up on current affairs and did not go over to the FCA.
    As farfetched as it sounds, I personally know many old folk that just doesn’t care, and others that just doesn’t follow the media. Now ignorance of the law does not exempt you from it, but I know it to be the truth.

2: People that knew they had to go over to the FCA, but they said F-this, nobody will tell us what to do we will not renew. When they try and take our firearms we will make war, and all the usual shit they can come up with.

3:People that went over, but forgot to renew when the time came around again, in my mind precious few.

4: People that went over, but decided not to renew because there were court cases or judgements in place and they magically believed it would remove their responsibility to renew.
    Until recently, when the rude awakening forced them to face reality, and now magically it’s the fault of government, none of their own.

5: People that had trouble in the renew process, because of police incompetency, in my mind percentage wise few.

6: People that renewed, and kept within the law when it was time to renew, they now are in legal possession of all their firearms, being frowned upon by the rest of the firearms community because of their ability to do the lawful requirement, when others could not bother.

So NOW, we sit with 400 000 people all complaining, they are in the same boat for sure, but their actions and reasoning are NOT the same, not by a country mile. In short you sit with many people that really doesn’t have a leg to stand on, but bitching about how other firearm owners cannot stand together, because that is all they did, nothing to be precise.

User

I trust you find the fact that the SAPS is deliberately ignoring a High Court order to be more concerning than neatly categorizing license holders whose white licenses have expired? And that the owners of 400k firearms have been effectively criminalised by an unreasonable administrative process?

OP, I hope your opening question has been satisfied.

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Messor, my opinion of your point 5, is that there a lot of those. Myself went at 110 days, DFO on leave for 12 days. Ent again (70 km travel each time), DFO do not want to take renewals before competency is renewed. Did competency in a hurry and convinced (phone calls on my cost to lawyers and CFR) DFO to take in renewals of licenses and competency at the same time. It was then day 85. He did not want to take it, so made a further scene about him being on leave, not me. Eventually processed and al sorted.

Lot of folks were/are not as "aggresive" as I am and ended up late.

Then also, on the form is a space for an explanation if it happens that you are late. Competency first done, working out of country, sickness, family problems, work schedule, simply forgot, had the dates wrong but am now correcting etc. Few of those were accepted. So when the forms where drawn up, SAPS had a plan to grant permission where legit reasons existed for being late. I am not talking about years late.

User

My point Adoons is that there are people that deserve a chance to renew their licences, because they were not treated fairly. However, there are MANY more that really doesn’t deserve a chance, but suddenly they pretend, or let’s say want to be treated the same as the rest, putting all the blame on government.

If firearm owners can start by acknowledging that fact, and realizing they should stop creating problems for themselves and blaming others, things would be easier to fix.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Messor View Post
    My point Adoons is that there are people that deserve a chance to renew their licences, because they were not treated fairly. However, there are MANY more that really doesn’t deserve a chance, but suddenly they pretend, or let’s say want to be treated the same as the rest, putting all the blame on government.

If firearm owners can start by acknowledging that fact, and realizing they should stop creating problems for themselves and blaming others, things would be easier to fix.
    To err is human.

My drivers license is about to expire, should I forfeit my car?
    I have no excuse other than I did not pay attention to the expiry date. In my mind I renewed it not that long ago, imagine my surprise when I realize “not that long ago” is nearly 5 years.

I doubt that there is one person with an expired license that went “fuck it I refuse to renew”
    People make mistakes, people forget.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User

well messor, in all honesty ( and i submitted WAY before expiry) the 400 000 odd expired/now illegal gun owners might just be the very thing needed to kick governments arse to amend the law or rectify it

1) they will not be able to process a fraction of those guns
    2) do they even want to be responsible for the guns handed in (AGAIN)
    3) if they introduce a penalty fee they stand to rake in MILLIONS of revenue

at this point in time we should be standing together, yes people stuff up (look at 4x4ing on the beach, how some lion lager heros ruined it) but if these expired licenses go down, how long before we all do?

User

Any updates on this situation?

User

People that renewed, and kept within the law when it was time to renew, they now are in legal possession of all their firearms, being frowned upon by the rest of the firearms community because of their ability to do the lawful requirement, when others could not bother.

Messor point Nr 6 , guys just do the right thing , stop walking in to the wind , you can by no means trust this government or the SAPS , fact , just do the legal thing and stop trying to fight it

User

We were told we will get a SMS when it is time to renew
    Also that license will be valid for 5 years
    I did not expect license to expire less that 18 months after I received it.
    I should have double checked the date on the license, but just put it in my wallet. Next time I looked at it was after about 2 years.

User

So are the greens valid or not? In which situations? And original topic?

Sent from my TA-1012 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2