Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    User

Default Galil SAR model 360

So I bought two Galils on Tuesday from our local gunshop. Walked in just as they were unpacking them.
    The one is a SAR model 300, barrel is stamped 96- I assume made in 1996. Apart from a bajonet lug and Hebrew marks +Israeli Crest similair to our LM5’s.
    The one I intend to keep is a Model 360 SAR- horisontal bolt handle, large recess on the bolt carrier and no Hebrew markings or Israeli Crest.
    I read on Wikipedia that later model Galil’s have 1:7 barrel twist rates? Any conformation of this? The barrel seemed chrome lined.
    Which weight bullets will stabilize at that twist?
    Then my FIL intent to the first one under Restricted Selfdefense- his farm is one hours drive from town, and for the last 5 years he has suffered from constant live stock theft. Apart from this information and dates of incidents and case numbers aswell as value of his Cattle stolen and on the farm, what else can he include to inprove chances of obtaining such a lisence? He only have a Section 13 pistol lisenced, and a .22lr and .243 on occasional hunting.
    I am thinking to have his application done via Martin Hood.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Finkelstein View Post
    So I bought two Galils on Tuesday from our local gunshop. Walked in just as they were unpacking them.
    The one is a SAR model 300, barrel is stamped 96- I assume made in 1996. Apart from a bajonet lug and Hebrew marks +Israeli Crest similair to our LM5’s.
    The one I intend to keep is a Model 360 SAR- horisontal bolt handle, large recess on the bolt carrier and no Hebrew markings or Israeli Crest.
    I read on Wikipedia that later model Galil’s have 1:7 barrel twist rates? Any conformation of this? The barrel seemed chrome lined.
    Which weight bullets will stabilize at that twist?
    Then my FIL intent to the first one under Restricted Selfdefense- his farm is one hours drive from town, and for the last 5 years he has suffered from constant live stock theft. Apart from this information and dates of incidents and case numbers aswell as value of his Cattle stolen and on the farm, what else can he include to inprove chances of obtaining such a lisence? He only have a Section 13 pistol lisenced, and a .22lr and .243 on occasional hunting.
    I am thinking to have his application done via Martin Hood.
    You'll save a lot of time using a good attorney to do the motivation. Don't waste time on free advice

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: Galil SAR model 360

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hook View Post
    You'll save a lot of time using a good attorney to do the motivation. Don't waste time on free advice
    Oh... the delicious irony... ;-{>}
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

So no other info on the Sar 360 or 1:7 barrel twist?

User

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Oh... the delicious irony... ;-{>}
    Oh hush!

User

So no other info on the Sar 360 or 1:7 barrel twist?
    It will stabilize any bullet on the market up to at least 80gns, and a little heavier depending on bullet length. Just the more fragile bullets may suffer stripping and disintegration due to the fast twist.

User

So I got to fire it last Friday. Shot a 4MOA group from the shoulder.
    Noticed the gun recoil a lot harsher than my previous LM6. On examining the rifle I found the recoil buffer is missing! Where do I find one?

So I got to fire it last Friday. Shot a 4MOA group from the shoulder.
    Noticed the gun recoil a lot harsher than my previous LM6. On examining the rifle I found the recoil buffer is missing! Where do I find one?
    Nobleteq.

here's some interesting points on the lm's . its like the only complete review you'll find on the internet

has anyone got any idea on these ''dashprods''? are these the same ones that we see at all the china tows/malls in jhb? are they NATO tested?

http://www.arsenal-bg.com/c/556x45-7...mm-ar-m14sf-29

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast