User

Default From an BHP to a G19, first impressions.

I inherited by BHP from my old man, which he carried for 30 odd years, I have been carrying it for six. So yesterday was quite a sad day for me when she was officially taken off the duty roster and placed into retirement, now only to be used as a range toy.

I am a huge fan of the BHP, I loved the weight on my belt, the little loving nudge of the hammer as it dug into my love handles especially when getting into a car and the manual safety. Seeing Big T trying to bypass my mag safety on his course was amusing as well.

Or so I thought.

But since having the G19 on my hip, there is no heavy weight, no annoying hammer, no external safety to worry about and perhaps a kiss on the cheek from T for buying a Glock on his next course.

Carrying it is worlds apart and now I am regretting not buying it sooner. I am now 100% a Glock Fan Boy.

What is quite strange is that my wife says I am printing much less with it than my BHP.

Looking forward to the next couple of years!

User

Default Re: From an BHP to a G19, first impressions.

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post
    I inherited by BHP from my old man, which he carried for 30 odd years, I have been carrying it for six. So yesterday was quite a sad day for me when she was officially taken off the duty roster and placed into retirement, now only to be used as a range toy.

I am a huge fan of the BHP, I loved the weight on my belt, the little loving nudge of the hammer as it dug into my love handles especially when getting into a car and the manual safety. Seeing Big T trying to bypass my mag safety on his course was amusing as well.

Or so I thought.

But since having the G19 on my hip, there is no heavy weight, no annoying hammer, no external safety to worry about and perhaps a kiss on the cheek from T for buying a Glock on his next course.

Carrying it is worlds apart and now I am regretting not buying it sooner. I am now 100% a Glock Fan Boy.

What is quite strange is that my wife says I am printing much less with it than my BHP.

Looking forward to the next couple of years!
    No better feeling than that G19 on your hip. Great choise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User
    Right next to the pot that needs stirring.

Know what, myself now thinking way into the future, I believe there is going to be the same type of post, maybe a lot of them to the tune of:

So I have at last put my CZ to retirement and started to carry a Glock. No more annoying spur in my love handles, no hammers and safeties and thingies that snag on clothing....

I have nothing against a CZ as a shooting gun, but nothing beats a Glock 19 for serious capabilities everyday carry. You will enjoy it, believe me

User

Quote Originally Posted by Adoons View Post
    Know what, myself now thinking way into the future, I believe there is going to be the same type of post, maybe a lot of them to the tune of:

So I have at last put my CZ to retirement and started to carry a Glock. No more annoying spur in my love handles, no hammers and safeties and thingies that snag on clothing....

I have nothing against a CZ as a shooting gun, but nothing beats a Glock 19 for serious capabilities everyday carry. You will enjoy it, believe me
    Indeed so. I've owned 2, soon to add a Gen5 G19 to my collection. They really are GREAT pistols.

User

Love my G19 on my hip. Don’t think I’ll ever be able to EDC anything other than a Glock. 😌

User

I transitioned from a (similarly sized) CZ75 to a G19 about 27 years ago. Still love the CZ but never missed it on my belt.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    I transitioned from a (similarly sized) CZ75 to a G19 about 27 years ago. Still love the CZ but never missed it on my belt.
    100% agree.

Got over my BHP as soon as I put on the Glock.

User

That's what we've been saying :p