User

Default Giraffe hunt: Don't flaunt your joy

Giraffe hunt: Don't flaunt your joy

06 July 2018, 09:15

In principle I have no problem with hunting animals, we kill them for food all the time. What I do have a problem with is people flaunting their joy at killing animals, as if it is a mighty challenge they have overcome in the face of life-threatening adversity.
    If you delight in killing animals (the mark, by the way, of a sociopath), have the decency to keep your delight private. It is like masturbation - you might enjoy it but other people do not want to know and especially do not want to see you in action.
    Only fellow weirdos want to see you do it. And don't try to justify your killing by claiming "the community benefitted" or "I saved it from a painful old age, I was doing it a service", or "I did it for conservation".
    You did it because it gave you pleasure, no other reason. Man up and come clean. And stand still while I spit on you.

https://www.news24.com/MyNews24/giraffe-hunt-dont-flaunt-your-joy-20180706

Default Re: Giraffe hunt: Don't flaunt your joy

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post

In principle I have no problem with hunting animals, we kill them for food all the time. What I do have a problem with is people flaunting their joy at killing animals, as if it is a mighty challenge they have overcome in the face of life-threatening adversity.
    If you delight in killing animals (the mark, by the way, of a sociopath), have the decency to keep your delight private. It is like masturbation - you might enjoy it but other people do not want to know and especially do not want to see you in action.
    Only fellow weirdos want to see you do it. And don't try to justify your killing by claiming "the community benefitted" or "I saved it from a painful old age, I was doing it a service", or "I did it for conservation".
    You did it because it gave you pleasure, no other reason. Man up and come clean. And stand still while I spit on you.

You make some good points and I understand your point of view. I do however despise the PC world that we are living in is where certain unacceptable practices (as close as 20 years ago) are revered and splashed in the news as “progress” and practices like hunting (which to a large extent allowed the human race to expand and exist today) are demonized as evil! I for one will not spit on a fellow hunter who poses with a trophy and shares the outcome of a very natural experience with others. I understand the person who posted the Giraffe hunt did so on a closed Facebook group and did not intend to share with the world. I stand corrected but some arsehole shared the post beyond that point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Default Re: Giraffe hunt: Don't flaunt your joy

Quote Originally Posted by noost View Post

Complete and utter bullsh*t.

Chris Taylor's reaction is typical of a virtue-signalling, triggered millenial . If it walks like a duck, etc.

He should go spend one hour in an abbatoir, and spit on someone working there.
    Last edited by 414gates; 06-07-2018 at 19:05. Reason: incorrect context to OP