Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    User

Default Re: Sig - are consumers counting...

If you have a gun with a known safety issue and you choose to ignore the manufacturers recall( because that’s what this should be) you’re negligent.

User

Have a P320 as my carry gun.

Still pestering L&O for trigger upgrade.

Was really interested to replace said P320 with the new potentially safer P365.

Left disappointed.

User

I'm seeing a lot of positive feedback on Sigtalk.com about the 'newer' 365s, so when i decide to go for one, I'll get feedback on manufacture dates etc and make sure the one I choose is an 'upgrade' and not an original with faulty front sight etc.

User

Quote Originally Posted by JhbBoy View Post
    I'm seeing a lot of positive feedback on Sigtalk.com about the 'newer' 365s, so when i decide to go for one, I'll get feedback on manufacture dates etc and make sure the one I choose is an 'upgrade' and not an original with faulty front sight etc.
    Or choose something with a proven track record and better after sales support.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I have had my P320 now for about close to 2 years. When the voluntary upgrade was announced I contacted L&O and was told that it was a first come first served scenario and they will contact you blah blah blah.
    I am not the type of person to take that kind of bullshit and bad service from L&O and one day phoned them and told them I will be at S&O at 15:00 and they better make sure somebody is there to meet me with the upgrade kit. That same day they took in my Sig and I collected it the next day.

up till now I have shot around 1000 rounds without a single failure, regardless of the ammo I used. Zero issues, none whatsoever and must say I really enjoy the weapon.

The P320 is an amazing weapon and if it werent for the total lack of communication skills and piss poor service from L&O I would have bought a second one on Section 16.
    With the trigger issue sorted it is a machine.

it is such a huge pitty that L&O is doing such an incredible amount of damage to the brand.

User

Quote Originally Posted by toxicsox View Post
    I have had my P320 now for about close to 2 years. When the voluntary upgrade was announced I contacted L&O and was told that it was a first come first served scenario and they will contact you blah blah blah.
    I am not the type of person to take that kind of bullshit and bad service from L&O and one day phoned them and told them I will be at S&O at 15:00 and they better make sure somebody is there to meet me with the upgrade kit. That same day they took in my Sig and I collected it the next day.

up till now I have shot around 1000 rounds without a single failure, regardless of the ammo I used. Zero issues, none whatsoever and must say I really enjoy the weapon.

The P320 is an amazing weapon and if it werent for the total lack of communication skills and piss poor service from L&O I would have bought a second one on Section 16.
    With the trigger issue sorted it is a machine.

it is such a huge pitty that L&O is doing such an incredible amount of damage to the brand.
    Thanks for the heads up. I am considering getting a sig 320...

I was hoping that the stock available now would be the revised version, with the lighter trigger?

Quote Originally Posted by mogiZA View Post
    I am considering getting a sig 320...
    Sounds to me like you have already decided.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Sounds to me like you have already decided.
    lol, I had "decided" to get a Glock 17 gen 5 but availability pointed me towards other considerations.

Is it normal that such a "common" firearm be so scarce at a number of gun shops? Been waiting months... Got fed up. It's like the competency and eventual firearm licensing - all hurry up and wait

Maybe you experienced guys could give some advice on the practicalities of purchasing a firearm for the first time and how patience is key..

Quote Originally Posted by mogiZA View Post
    lol, I had "decided" to get a Glock 17 gen 5 but availability pointed me towards other considerations.

Is it normal that such a "common" firearm be so scarce at a number of gun shops? Been waiting months... Got fed up. It's like the competency and eventual firearm licensing - all hurry up and wait

Maybe you experienced guys could give some advice on the practicalities of purchasing a firearm for the first time and how patience is key..
    Firearms are a commodity.

Only so many can be imported.

That Gen5 17s are "scarce" is indicative of consumer demand.

I note that Gen5 19s seem to be available. If I were a first time buyer, and buying for self defence, I would get one of those. All day long.

I have carried a 17 for well over a decade and I have owned 3.
    Cattle die, kindred die, every man is mortal:
    But I know one thing that never dies,
    the glory of the great dead.
    Havamal

User

Quote Originally Posted by SSP View Post
    Firearms are a commodity.

Only so many can be imported.

That Gen5 17s are "scarce" is indicative of consumer demand.

I note that Gen5 19s seem to be available. If I were a first time buyer, and buying for self defence, I would get one of those. All day long.

I have carried a 17 for well over a decade and I have owned 3.
    Thanks SSP, appreciate the insight!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast