Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    Default Incorrect firearm number

    I am one of the negligent gun owners that did not renew my license on time On inspection, I noticed that the serial number on the expired license does not match the serial number of the firearm. It is a 1913 Erfurt Luger in perfect nick with original leather pouch, spare magazine etc. Is there anything I can do to rectify the matter?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    User
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz_Meyer View Post
    I am one of the negligent gun owners that did not renew my license on time On inspection, I noticed that the serial number on the expired license does not match the serial number of the firearm. It is a 1913 Erfurt Luger in perfect nick with original leather pouch, spare magazine etc. Is there anything I can do to rectify the matter?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    This will be interesting
    5 years has gone past... Just saying
    Visit your DFO or nearest gun shop for advice

  3. #3
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Incorrect firearm number

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz_Meyer View Post
    I am one of the negligent gun owners that did not renew my license on time On inspection, I noticed that the serial number on the expired license does not match the serial number of the firearm. It is a 1913 Erfurt Luger in perfect nick with original leather pouch, spare magazine etc. Is there anything I can do to rectify the matter?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Do you have a "green" license for this firearm, or is this a "white" license only scenario?

    I'm wondering in whose name this firearm (with the correct number) is....was this bought from a dealer or individual?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  4. #4

    Default Re: Incorrect firearm number

    It is a white licence in my name. I inherited the firearm more than 30 years ago.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  5. #5
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Incorrect firearm number

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz_Meyer View Post
    It is a white licence in my name. I inherited the firearm more than 30 years ago.

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    ...and you never had a green license for this gun?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  6. #6

    Default Re: Incorrect firearm number

    Yes, I did have, but do not have it anymore

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  7. #7
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Incorrect firearm number

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz_Meyer View Post
    Yes, I did have, but do not have it anymore

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Then there may well be some reprieve if you can find it or get a reprint. I recall a thread which set out how to get a re-print....but this may well not be an option with the conversion to white license.

    It is a rather crap situation...sigh

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  8. #8

    Default Re: Incorrect firearm number

    Yip, you're right. I have an expired license for a firearm I do not have, but am in possesion of an unregistered one

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

  9. #9
    User
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Gauteng
    Posts
    138

    Default Re: Incorrect firearm number

    Quote Originally Posted by Heinz_Meyer View Post
    Yip, you're right. I have an expired license for a firearm I do not have, but am in possesion of an unregistered one

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
    Just thinking it would be worthwhile checking if this firearm (considering the (hopefully useful?) numerical error) could possibly be "sold" to a dealer, following which you "purchase" it back after applying for and receiving a new license?

    Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •