Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Shotgun at short range

As can be seen the shot column acts like a solid at short range.Attachment 28703

User

Default Re: Shotgun at short range

Oom driepoot, watse gedierte is daai??

User

Wow. Definitely devastating.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate View Post
    Oom driepoot, watse gedierte is daai??
    Looks like a bushpig?

Banned

Feral pig shot in Oz.

Wow ! LG Shot ? Recently took Slow-motion videos of us Clay pigeon shooting. Amazing to see the pellets from 7.5 Shot staying together even at +- 10 meters. I remember a Thread here on GS where the myth that a shotgun acts a broom to clear a Hallway etc was busted. And as most of us know by now, missing a target/clay/Popper with a Shotgun is quite possible

User

Quote Originally Posted by killzone View Post
    Wow ! LG Shot ? Recently took Slow-motion videos of us Clay pigeon shooting. Amazing to see the pellets from 7.5 Shot staying together even at +- 10 meters. I remember a Thread here on GS where the myth that a shotgun acts a broom to clear a Hallway etc was busted. And as most of us know by now, missing a target/clay/Popper with a Shotgun is quite possible
    I last shot a shotgun with my competency shoot, but I remember that at 10m, the pattern of the no7 shot I was shooting was a little bigger than an A4 page. If it spreads like a "broom" then it will be completely useless at 10m and beyond

Many people believe/d that a shotgun spreads immediately after the shot has exited the barrel. In other words they think they can't miss with a Shotgun in a SD situation.

User

it is for this very reason that many loads of birdshot are recommended for home defense
    there is a very similar spread pattern at 5m between them and 00 buck

a magnum load such as copper plated turkey shot is truly devastating at close range

User

Quote Originally Posted by GAZZAMCK View Post
    it is for this very reason that many loads of birdshot are recommended for home defense
    there is a very similar spread pattern at 5m between them and 00 buck

a magnum load such as copper plated turkey shot is truly devastating at close range
    Very rarely anymore.

Because while devastating at extreme close range , they become pretty ineffective in a Relatively few steps further.

User

And recommended by whom? Not people who by profession use firearms to neutralize armed threats, but those who had way too much time to theorize and make unfounded conclusions. Never, ever seen or heard of a police officer use bird shot, even if the collateral damage is a big no-no in police work, nor in the military operations. It's either a slug or a buckshot for the controlled incapacitating effect.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast