Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    User

Default Re: Shotgun at short range

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    https://www.thehighroad.org/index.ph...-22-09.381023/

Read that. 7.5 shot at 10 feet (that's 3m) doesn't even penetrate bare ballistics gel past 5.9". Minimum spec for "good" self defend ammunition is considered 12". 7.5 will probably hurt, but definitely piss off a home intruder at 10m. Couple the oke with a leather jacket and a t-shirt, maybe a jersey and I'm willing to bet the 7.5 pellets won't even break bone.

If you're going to be using your shotgun for home defense, you'd better practice with it in similar scenarios (like you would your pistol) and you'd better have it ready with a box of proper defense loads nearby. No idea how you'll manage it though, since you'll have to take the shotgun out of the safe and load it up before use, while a Sec13 handgun is on hand and ready to use at all time.
    Will surely not be using 7.5gr for home defence, I have prepared substantially to execute my plan but we all know when the buzzer goes off all the planning and prep work goes out the window. But at least i have a plan.

I will not be Rambo and go out looking for BG's around the house. Secure my family, arm up and play the waiting game.

From field experience i still believe 7.5gr will do enough damage to stop an attacker at 5m-10m

Banned

I had a problem with snares and had to put a couple of animals down that was caught. Most of these was shot with my 45! I shot one porcupine with my shotgun and I will never forget the look on my helpers faces that day. Form that day on they called it. "Umbani"! It was as if they had more respect for the shotgun! Now I don't confess which is the better one for HD but I think a shotgun must look pretty intimidating from the wrong end.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Imo_P07 View Post
    From field experience i still believe 7.5gr will do enough damage to stop an attacker at 5m-10m
    Unfortunately, what you believe does not make a fact. I'm glad that you've got proper ammo, but please don't spread the misinformation that No 7.5s are fine for self defense - because it isn't.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Toxxyc View Post
    Unfortunately, what you believe does not make a fact. I'm glad that you've got proper ammo, but please don't spread the misinformation that No 7.5s are fine for self defense - because it isn't.
    You also cant believe everything you read.

But I agree that No 7.5 is not ideal for self defense.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Wanderin' Zero View Post
    Uh huh. Using the early Winchester (1898?) with slam fire technique - keep the trigger depressed and pump the action so that it fires as the action closes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    Was playing with one last week, what a fantastic splattergun.

User

Surely you have not experienced the toughness of game birds...quite different to shooting paper targets.

You simply cannot convince me that my 9x19 has more stopping power than my 12g at 5-10m

Each for his own but for me in the perfect scenario would prefer my shottie as HD.
    Surely you underestimate the difference between a dove and a human intent on skullfucking you.

7.5's are a terrible choice for SD by 10m we are relying on pain as opposed to physiological stops. Never mind terrible barrier performance.

A shotgun with buck or slug pisses all over a pistol.

Birdshot is another matter past a very reasonable distance.

User

Will surely not be using 7.5gr for home defence, I have prepared substantially to execute my plan but we all know when the buzzer goes off all the planning and prep work goes out the window. But at least i have a plan.

I will not be Rambo and go out looking for BG's around the house. Secure my family, arm up and play the waiting game.

Just a question :

If bad guy holds a gun to your wife's head at say 3m and you see that it is time to go, will you take that shot ?

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post
    Surely you underestimate the difference between a dove and a human intent on skullfucking you.

7.5's are a terrible choice for SD by 10m we are relying on pain as opposed to physiological stops. Never mind terrible barrier performance.

skullfucking

i think i need to re-evaluate defence choices!

User

Quote Originally Posted by BigT View Post

Whoever uses 7.5gr as SD deserves to be skullfucked.

Im no BG but if there is a person pumping a shotgun at me regardless the ammo his using, im surely gonna get the fuck outta there.

Superman himself wouldnt close 10m of distance towards me while I pump 6-7 7.5gr rounds at him.

NB: I STILL WOULDNT USE 7.5gr AS SELF DEFENSE AMMO.

User

Quote Originally Posted by Stevendr View Post
    Just a question :

If bad guy holds a gun to your wife's head at say 3m and you see that it is time to go, will you take that shot ?

if my pistol is drawn and im already pointing it at him, Fuck sure im taking the shot.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast