User

Default What happens when you renew a licence but you have an expierd licence?

Hi Guys.

Not to open a new can of worms but, I have a friend with the following problem.
    His SD licence has expired now we know that GOSA is sill fighting for us!! thank you GOSA!!
    What implications will the expired licence have on say a renewal that needs to be done now or in the future on your hunting licences?

Let say the friend hands in his current expired SH firearm an buys a new one, will the expired one count against him?

I am not advocating to hand in but lets jus play that card!!

thank you
    regards

on the edge of the gene pool, playing with an open container of HTH

Default Re: What happens when you renew a licence but you have an expierd licence?

That is one of the current imponderables.

We just don't know, given the current state of chaos.
    "Always remember to pillage before you burn"
    Unknown Barbarian

User

Default Re: What happens when you renew a licence but you have an expierd licence?

I have both applied for and obtained a new Section 16 (dedicated hunting) license and renewed existing Section 16 (occasional hunting) licenses with an expired SD license without any problems related to the expired SD, including an in loco inspection of the firearms up for renewal by the DFO. The renewals refusal was unrelated to the expired SD license and two have been corrected on appeal and one is still between the attorneys and the CFR.

Short answer, the expired SD license has not affected my further transactions with either the DFO or CFR.

Steve.... how certain are u that the renewals refusal was unrelated to the expired SD licence

User

Quote Originally Posted by Andre in Alberton View Post
    Steve.... how certain are u that the renewals refusal was unrelated to the expired SD licence
    Was eventually provided with the reason for refusal (No proof of competency). The competency certificate, which had been with the original application, was resent and two of the renewals were immediately granted (one card received, one now a few months outstanding). We have not been able to determine why the third renewal has not been granted on appeal and my lawyer is dealing with it.

No evidence that the expired SD was an issue but no proof that it wasn't either I suppose.

I applied for and got a new licence for S15 last year, while having expired S13 licence for another firearm since 2016. Also got new comptency for all 4 types of firearm, so I dont think it is an issue.

Banned

I applied for and got 2 sec 16 licenses even though my sec 13 is expired