Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    User

Default LM/Galil 10 Round Magazine

HI Guys,
    Any idea where i can find one if there are, alternatively a 20 round mag?
    I have plenty of 35 and 50 round ones.
    thanks,

User

Default Re: LM/Galil 10 Round Magazine

The 10 round R4 magazines were as far as I know never for sale to LM owners (civvies).

They have a filler welded in at the front preventing the use of ball (skerp punt) ammo. They will only accept "ballistite" rounds used with rifle grenades.

They were made to prevent ball ammo from being used with grenades. 'Corporal would give you a klap if you fitted a grenade with a normal mag. That was the idea anyway.

User

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonb View Post
    HI Guys,
    thanks,
    The only 20rd ones I've seen were cut down 35s.

User

Quote Originally Posted by M43 View Post
    The 10 round R4 magazines were as far as I know never for sale to LM owners (civvies).

They have a filler welded in at the front preventing the use of ball (skerp punt) ammo. They will only accept "ballistite" rounds used with rifle grenades.

They were made to prevent ball ammo from being used with grenades. 'Corporal would give you a klap if you fitted a grenade with a normal mag. That was the idea anyway.
    For a while the LM5 and H5 rifles were shipped with a 10 round mag. Not the ballistite mag, but a normal mag without the filler. I have 2 of them. It can actually take 12 rounds. The ballistite mags had the filler and a thick white lines in the bigger flutes (?) for identification.

When using the RG791 rifle granade, we would often chamber the ballistite launcher cartridge, then mount a normal 35 round mag filled with ball. The first shot would launch the grenade and there after the rifle would fire normally. In theory at least, mine would give stoppages for 3 or 4 shots, then cycle normally. I suspect the ballistite left lots of residue in and blocked the gas port.

The RG791 was basically a normal M26 with a different detonator that had a launcher tube that slid over the R4 flash hider. It also had plastic grenade sights that clipped onto the grenade, and flew off again when launched. The launcher tube / detonator had an aluminium deflector insert that would deflect a bullet sideways and safely away from the grenade in case it was accidentally launched with a normal ball round.

User

The spacer in the 10 Round mags can be removed (Spot welded in the top and bottom of the tube), and if you have a spare full size follower the mag can be altered to take the 10 FMJ Rounds.
    I have one that was modified and it feed perfectly.

User

Quote Originally Posted by A-R View Post
    For a while the LM5 and H5 rifles were shipped with a 10 round mag. Not the ballistite mag, but a normal mag without the filler. I have 2 of them. It can actually take 12 rounds. The ballistite mags had the filler and a thick white lines in the bigger flutes (?) for identification.
    I also have three of the 10rd none rifle grenade ones. I initially thought they were part of a special order, so good to get this feedback.

Here's a pic of one.

User

Didn't theses come with the Vector H5?

User

The Balistite mag has a white stripe on the side. The photo shown is for the H5.

Hi WWC, do you still have this magazine?

User

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonb View Post
    HI Guys,
    thanks,
    I think Blunderbuss has in stock. I am sure I bought one from them

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast